Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AwardWallet

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2017, 9:23 am

Programs: UA GS slavery, *A Gold, Marriott/SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres Circle
Originally Posted by thehowieee
Yes, if you have your monthly statements go to your custom AwardWallet mailbox it will properly update. Details on how to do that can be found here: https://awardwallet.com/blog/track-u...s-awardwallet/

As for saving passwords with AwardWallet, before coming to AwardWallet I personally kept all my FF accounts but did not keep my bank account info stored. Since working with the team at AwardWallet I now keep all my info (including bank/credit cards) stored.

At the same time, if you'd prefer to not keep your info on the server you can store everything locally in an encrypted cookie.

Regardless, please make sure you have a strong password on your AwardWallet account and consider using two-factor authentication to prevent anyone from accessing your account: https://awardwallet.com/blog/tip_of_...uthentication/
Yes, I use LastPass which generates a 10+ character randomized pw with numbers, symbols, and alphabets. Also enabled two factor authentication.
Might take a while before I store all my pw on AW.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 9:26 am

Programs: ??????????
Originally Posted by twkidM3
Yes, I use LastPass which generates a 10+ character randomized pw with numbers, symbols, and alphabets. Also enabled two factor authentication.
Might take a while before I store all my pw on AW.
I personally use LastPass and typically generate 23+ character passwords -- honestly, I know very few passwords, which is just how I like it.

Others on the team use 1Password -- all depends on your preference.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Can you tell us about the security of keeping our passwords at AwardWallet?

I assume they are encrypted but cannot be hashed since they have to be used for logins. Is that correct?
Old Oct 27, 2017, 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by josephstern
Can you tell us about the security of keeping our passwords at AwardWallet?

I assume they are encrypted but cannot be hashed since they have to be used for logins. Is that correct?
Check out this FAQ: https://awardwallet.com/faqs#10

I'm not technical enough to explain how it all works
Old Oct 27, 2017, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks. Definitely sounds good. I don't really know how to evaluate all of that either. I would assume a company like Equifax would have said something similar.

Personally, I don't have many banking passwords in there. Beyond that, I store my pws locally, but I'm not sure that's really helpful.

You guys do seem trustworthy, it's just that it's getting harder to trust these days.

(also: typo in the second paragraph "We offer end encourage")
Old Oct 27, 2017, 1:20 pm

Thanks. Definitely sounds good. I don't really know how to evaluate all of that either. I would assume a company like Equifax would have said something similar.

Personally, I don't have many banking passwords in there. Beyond that, I store my pws locally, but I'm not sure that's really helpful.

You guys do seem trustworthy, it's just that it's getting harder to trust these days.

(also: typo in the second paragraph "We offer end encourage")
Typo being fixed now.

As for the levels of security, I'm personally a bit paranoid about security and everyone is well aware of how important that all data be protected.

I can't go into the various levels of protection at the individual account level or at the server level (mostly because I don't understand it all), but to say it is the #1 concern would be an understatement as I'm pretty sure it is the #1 through #1 0 concern. ^
josephstern likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 8:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Any way to keep the "Update" button from moving? Naturally, it likes to slide right when I want to click it.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 8:14 am

Any way to keep the "Update" button from moving? Naturally, it likes to slide right when I want to click it.
can you post a screenshot or email it to me directly? howie @ AW
Old Oct 31, 2017, 8:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Before:

After:

Sometimes I click "Update all" and walk away, only to find that the button had moved, so I never really fired off an update.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 8:28 am

Before:

After:

Sometimes I click "Update all" and walk away, only to find that the button had moved, so I never really fired off an update.
Just to be clear, you didn't actually click Update all, you clicked in the space where you thought Update all would be (had the window not expanded)?

right?
Old Oct 31, 2017, 8:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

When I'm about to click "Update all", often the "Accounts Filter" text area shrinks down to the size in the second picture as I'm clicking, so I end up just clicking in white space.

For reference, when I first open the page, I see the text area grow from my "before" picture to my "after," and then it shrinks back at some point.

I'm really not sure what the point is at all of it adjusting.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 8:40 am

When I'm about to click "Update all", often the "Accounts Filter" text area shrinks down to the size in the second picture as I'm clicking, so I end up just clicking in white space.

For reference, when I first open the page, I see the text area grow from my "before" picture to my "after," and then it shrinks back at some point.

I'm really not sure what the point is at all of it adjusting.
Any opening/closing should be related to clicking in the box and then clicking outside of the box -- is it expanding/shrinking outside of those actions?
Old Oct 31, 2017, 8:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

OK - so it looks like as the page opens, my cursor automatically goes in there. Clicking anywhere else (the Update all button, for example) causes it to shrink, since the cursor is no longer in it.

When it shrinks, it pulls my target button to the right and out from under my click.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 8:44 am

What browser/os are you using?
Old Oct 31, 2017, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Chrome on MacOS

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.