Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Technology
Reload this Page >

Garmin nuvi 265WT?

Garmin nuvi 265WT?

Old Apr 5, 2009, 5:49 am
Original Poster

Garmin nuvi 265WT?

I thought I had read this was the unit that was highly recommened, but I can't find it for sale anywhere. Has it already been replaced with another model? Or do I have the orginal model # wrong? 255WT maybe?

Its so hard to keep track of all the different nuvi models.

Last edited by businesstraveler; Apr 5, 2009 at 5:59 am
Old Apr 5, 2009, 7:14 am

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Marriott Plat (lifetime)
I believe the 265WT has the lifetime subscription to FM Traffic. I have included the description of the NUVI 260 which is available at Costco.com for $129.99. If you do not need/want the FM Traffic then the 260 is a great buy. Along the same lines, compare the 750 and 760 altho the 760 only comes with a 90 day subscription to FM Traffic and it will cost $60 for the lifetime subscription. Garmins are great units. I have had 3 generations and currently use the 850 with the FM subscription from a 760. Lots of info at www.garmin.com
-----------------------
nüvi® 265WT
Affordable, full-featured navigation
widescreen, FM lifetime traffic, Bluetooth® wireless, speaks street names, preloaded street maps for North America, optional MSN® Direct, Where am I?, photo navigation
------------------------------------

NUVI 260
Bring the ultra-cool nüvi 260 along for the ride, and arrive on time and in style. Similar to nüvi 250, nüvi 260 is attractively-priced and simple to use. Plus, this sleek navigator comes with turn-by-turn voice directions that announce the name of streets as you navigate, so you can keep your eyes on the road. With nüvi 260 you’re just a few screen taps away from anywhere.

What's in the Box:

nüvi 260
Preloaded City Navigator® NT for North America
Vehicle suction cup mount*
Vehicle power cable
Dashboard disc
Quick start manual

Features:

Unit dimensions (WxHxD): 3.8" x 2.8" x .8"
Display size, 3.5" diagonal
Display resolution: 320 x 240
Weight: 5.2 ounces
Battery: rechargeable lithium-ion
Battery life: up to 5 hours
High-sensitivity receiver
RoHS version available
Preloaded maps: North America
Ability to add maps
Built-in memory: internal solid state
Accepts data cards: SD™ card (not included)
Waypoints/favorites/locations: 500
Voice prompts (e.g. "Turn right in 500 ft."): internal speaker
Speaks street names (e.g. "Turn right ON ELM STREET in 500 ft.")
3-D map view
Auto re-route (fast off-route and detour recalculation)
Choice of route setup (faster time, shorter distance, off road)
Route avoidance (avoid highways, tolls etc.)
Custom POIs (ability to add additional points of interest)
Picture viewer
Garmin Garage™ (select car-shaped icons for map navigation)
World travel clock, currency & unit converter, calculator
Touchscreen
Qwerty or ABC keyboard (choose keyboard layout)
Garmin Lock™ (anti-theft feature)
Additional: This USB mass storage device is compatible with Windows® 2000 or later and Mac® OS X 10.4 or later.

[Model 0100062131B]
Old Apr 5, 2009, 7:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
I just saw the 265wt at Costco yesterday. Google Shopping shows 230 stores selling it - $230 all in at newegg.

The 265 is the free traffic version of the 260w ($140), which is the widescreen version of the 260 ($125)
Old Apr 5, 2009, 8:12 am

Originally Posted by businesstraveler
I thought I had read this was the unit that was highly recommened, but I can't find it for sale anywhere.
You're right, it was written here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...new-gps-3.html

Moderator might want to merge this thread?
Old Apr 14, 2009, 5:40 pm
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

I thought I had read this was the unit that was highly recommened, but I can't find it for sale anywhere. Has it already been replaced with another model? Or do I have the orginal model # wrong? 255WT maybe?

Its so hard to keep track of all the different nuvi models.
Buy.com has it for $224.99

http://www.buy.com/prod/garmin-nuvi-...208941075.html
Old Apr 14, 2009, 5:48 pm

I got a 265wt at my local costco maybe last week. Yes, it includes the fm traffic receiver with lifetime ad-based traffic which is not supposed to be very intrusive. Costco's price also includes a travel case for it. It's just a case that slips over the device. very nice.

buy.com's price is cheaper than what I paid at Costco/Maui.

Costco had the 260w and the 265wt. I don't think the 260w has BT, and I wanted BT so I could travel with one device for nav + hands free.

I did some research after the fact. the 7xx series have a better nav chip and also offer lane guidance which looks like a nice feature. But they also cost more. I think it was around $100 more for the equivalent 7xx model. Either one is fine.

-David

Last edited by LIH Prem; Apr 14, 2009 at 5:57 pm
Old Apr 14, 2009, 6:20 pm

I bought a 765T to get the lane assist and bluetooth. It's really great. The best GPS I've owned, and I've had plenty over the years. Cost about $100 more than I really wanted to spend though.

Just so you know, Garmin in March announced the nuvi 1200 and 1300 series. Similar features as the 7XX series, but 25% thinner, couple hundred (list price) cheaper, and routing for pedestrians. Suppose to be available in Q3.

http://www.gpsmagazine.com/2009/03/g..._nuvi_1200.php
Old Apr 14, 2009, 6:48 pm

Originally Posted by LIH Prem

I think it was around $100 more for the equivalent 7xx model.
Originally Posted by Tummy

Cost about $100 more than I really wanted to spend though.
hahaha.

I read some pre-reviews of the 12xx and 13xx. Yes, they are lighter/thinner, and they are ped friendly, but in some ways they are down-rev from the current models. Sorry, I don't remember where I read that.

-David
Old Jan 7, 2010, 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by mmargel
I believe the 265WT has the lifetime subscription to FM Traffic. I have included the description of the NUVI 260 which is available at Costco.com for $129.99. If you do not need/want the FM Traffic then the 260 is a great buy. Along the same lines, compare the 750 and 760 altho the 760 only comes with a 90 day subscription to FM Traffic and it will cost $60 for the lifetime subscription. Garmins are great units. I have had 3 generations and currently use the 850 with the FM subscription from a 760. Lots of info at www.garmin.com
-----------------------
nüvi® 265WT
Affordable, full-featured navigation
widescreen, FM lifetime traffic, Bluetooth® wireless, speaks street names, preloaded street maps for North America, optional MSN® Direct, Where am I?, photo navigation
------------------------------------

NUVI 260
Bring the ultra-cool nüvi 260 along for the ride, and arrive on time and in style. Similar to nüvi 250, nüvi 260 is attractively-priced and simple to use. Plus, this sleek navigator comes with turn-by-turn voice directions that announce the name of streets as you navigate, so you can keep your eyes on the road. With nüvi 260 you’re just a few screen taps away from anywhere.

What's in the Box:

nüvi 260
Preloaded City Navigator® NT for North America
Vehicle suction cup mount*
Vehicle power cable
Dashboard disc
Quick start manual

Features:

Unit dimensions (WxHxD): 3.8" x 2.8" x .8"
Display size, 3.5" diagonal
Display resolution: 320 x 240
Weight: 5.2 ounces
Battery: rechargeable lithium-ion
Battery life: up to 5 hours
High-sensitivity receiver
RoHS version available
Preloaded maps: North America
Ability to add maps
Built-in memory: internal solid state
Accepts data cards: SD™ card (not included)
Waypoints/favorites/locations: 500
Voice prompts (e.g. "Turn right in 500 ft."): internal speaker
Speaks street names (e.g. "Turn right ON ELM STREET in 500 ft.")
3-D map view
Auto re-route (fast off-route and detour recalculation)
Choice of route setup (faster time, shorter distance, off road)
Route avoidance (avoid highways, tolls etc.)
Custom POIs (ability to add additional points of interest)
Picture viewer
Garmin Garage™ (select car-shaped icons for map navigation)
World travel clock, currency & unit converter, calculator
Touchscreen
Qwerty or ABC keyboard (choose keyboard layout)
Garmin Lock™ (anti-theft feature)
Additional: This USB mass storage device is compatible with Windows® 2000 or later and Mac® OS X 10.4 or later.

[Model 0100062131B]
I just purchased the Garmin nuvi 265WT after using the Pioneer AVIC-S1 for 4 1/2 years. I can't figure out how to develop and save a trip itinerary on the Garmin. Does this Garmin not have this feature? It is a feature I used extensively on the Pioneer.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.