Reload this Page >

Personal VPN Recommendation?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Personal VPN Recommendation?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2010, 4:33 am

witopia.net has package that works on both my MacBook, iMac and iPhone (and assume would work on iPad and/or iTouch). Solid customer service support, good worldwide coverage.
Old Dec 1, 2010, 4:43 am

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
Originally Posted by dtsm
witopia.net has package that works on both my MacBook, iMac and iPhone (and assume would work on iPad and/or iTouch). Solid customer service support, good worldwide coverage.
Signed up for their service yesterday, after having compared various providers and after having spoken live to Strong VPN and witopia. Their live support won me over. Strong VPN's many different packages totally confused me and left a bad impression, so I chose witopia. Will report back.
Old Dec 1, 2010, 10:30 am

Programs: American Airlines Platinum
I have StrongVPN for use in a restrictive country. I have no complaints about the service...

That said, I am interested to hear about your service with witopia... I have no loyalty to StrongVPN and am only looking to maintain a reliable connection at a fair price... If I could save a few per month, than that is more for the bar tab, lol...

Jace
Old Dec 2, 2010, 7:00 am

Originally Posted by jcerovac
That said, I am interested to hear about your service with witopia...If I could save a few per month, than that is more for the bar tab, lol...

Jace
They charge per annum. My package costed $69.95 but there are other options....plus they have a 30 day trial period.
Old Dec 2, 2010, 7:16 am

Programs: Star Alliance - AC
Originally Posted by dtsm
I am a very happy witopia customer.

If you look at my profile, I also live in a place where net neutrality does not exist.

We watch Good Wife, NCIS, House MD without a problem. Can access various blogs and have no issues what so ever.

You sometimes have to use their ALTERNATiVE server to maintain speed but that is a very simple and quick process.
Old Dec 3, 2010, 12:01 am

Smile best vpn service

I opted to go for private internet access vpn because I get openvpn or pptp for 40bux. I use OpenVPN to get on facebook and hulu for naruto.

i also tryed out relakks but it was slow cool website though
^__^

Last edited by sbm12; Dec 3, 2010 at 5:22 am
Old Dec 3, 2010, 6:21 am

Programs: nobody
I have been using witopia for a month now, I think for the price it is great. The HKG VPN is a bit slow (3-500 kbps), but the UK one works great (1.3Mbps).
Old Sep 9, 2011, 11:01 am

I advise against Witopia.
Old Sep 9, 2011, 9:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by garyschmitt
Can you explain why?
Old Sep 9, 2011, 11:16 pm

Originally Posted by soitgoes
Can you explain why?
My comment is a clickable link.
Old Sep 10, 2011, 8:01 am

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by garyschmitt
My comment is a clickable link.
Would still be interested to understand the issue the firewall caused you. I use witopia and find performance excellent, ability to easily switch location easily and all my devices (laptop, iPhone, iPad) covered. The one time I contacted customer support they were very good.

So happy customer here but interested to understand better the concern you've raised.
Old Sep 10, 2011, 9:01 am

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
I still say hotspotvpn.com has been my go to vpn for travel, works great for me in china, eastern europe, europe, etc. monthly plans are pretty cheap 10$, and include two simultaneous logins, one for computer and one for a device like smartphone and ipad.
Old Nov 7, 2011, 4:19 am

If you're looking for an ipad VPN then I know a good one. You would really consider using this great VPN for ipad that I myself am using for sometime now. It's really reliable to use and the best so far among the rest.
Old Dec 29, 2011, 7:55 am

So you need a VPN for security purpose..Thats nice because the awareness still lacks in most of us about the dangers public hotspot and wifi connections hold..I have been securing myself with the help of PureVPN. They offer consistent speed, reliable service and an efficient support staff which is always there for you if you have any issue..I would definitely recommend using this VPN for Security
Old Apr 26, 2013, 7:03 am

ExpressVPN

Originally Posted by DH
Search engine won't let me search VPN.

Which VPN do you recommend?
I have been using ExpressVPN. Security is my highest priority, and this is an SSL based (HTTPS) VPN, so this was my choice. You can do a trial. Hope it works for you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.