Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Technology
Reload this Page >

Battery not charging on Acer Aspire One 6 cell

Battery not charging on Acer Aspire One 6 cell

Old Dec 14, 2010, 11:41 am

Programs: Lifetime AA Gold-1MM
Originally Posted by Dak Jalanan
i also hv the same problem with my acer aspire 4540..its says that
my laptop will shut down suddenly..why is this happening?is there any solution 4 this problem?
Welcome to FlyerTalk. Have you contacted Acer or checked their support web site? Have you Googled the name and model number of your computer to see if there's an online forum where people are talking about similar problems?
Old Dec 31, 2010, 8:10 am

Originally Posted by ZX1100F1
Just a little more information on the Acer Aspire One Battery not charging issue:

BIOS revision 3309 (and later) has a fix for battery charging particularly the 6-cell batteries, however if you have the latest BIOS and your battery still isn't charging a good solution is to power down the computer, remove the battery and unplug the AC power cable then push and hold the power button for a whole 2 minutes (nothing will happen, we're trying to completely drain all residual voltage from the mainboard to reset it), then release the power button, install the battery and power up the computer, it should now recognize the battery and begin a normal charge cycle.

I have read other posts that claim to hold the power button in for 1 minute which I tried and it did not work, you must hold it in for the whole 2 minutes.
Had to register to say a big Thank you for this^ A google search directed me to this forum and it worked for my Aspire 5542. Delighted. Thanks again from Ireland :-)
Old Jan 2, 2011, 12:16 am

Thumbs up

Have been so ill with this computer for months and months. Just finished semester of Nursing 1 for registered nursing and could not take computer to class due to the battery not charging. I love love yall so much. I too done a google search and found this forum and had to register just to say THANK YOU!! It will be going to Nursing 2 with me starting middle of January. Now I can type my notes instead of hand writing at the speed of lightening.
Old Jan 26, 2011, 1:29 pm

Acer netbook battery not charging

Thanks so much SCIONX 3442 - your fix worked perfectly!
Old Apr 18, 2011, 11:53 pm

F%)@

Now it's a Paperweight.

I have the Acer Aspire One 532h-2527

I tried everything on this forum to no avail. When I finally got it going, I Extracted the zip file, and in the Windows directory, clicked on the NAV50125.exe file. The Computer LOCKED UP right After clicking the Update button. Of course, 6 Hours later, it turned off. Now, It won't even turn on. It's like the BIOS was erased and not formatted again.
Any Suggestions?

The Steaks
Old May 21, 2011, 3:23 pm

Programs: Days of Our Lives, General Hospital
It worked! On linux!

I just want to thank everyone who posted in this thread. I too had an Aspire One netbook that wouldn't charge or start on battery, and this worked. I especially want to thank Pepito for confirming that it worked on linux.

Originally Posted by Pepito
Thank you very much!

I've tried all the tricks and the only one that worked for me is this (including the renaming from 3310.fd to zg5ia32.fd), except that in my case the power light didn't blink and it took me two attempts to find out when to release Fn+Esc.

My model is AOA 150, with Linux pre-installed, bought here in Spain.

Thank you.
Old Jun 30, 2011, 7:21 pm

Cool Bios Flash 3310 Fix

I Don’t know if anyone is still having this problem but I was asked by my girlfriends brother who was having the none charging problem and I found the fix in this post did not work but I did find a solution witch I will detail below

Please note that you may not need all these steps but this is a complete list of what I did that I know works

Step 1 - down load the latist bios from hear http://global-download.acer.com/GDFi...k&Step2=Aspire One&Step3=AOA150&OS=X01&LC=en&BC=Acer&SC=EMEA_27

Step 2 - Download UNetbootin from the sourceforge website http://unetbootin.sourceforge.net/

Step 3 - Connect your USB flash drive to an available USB port on your PC

Step 4 - Once Windows recognizes the flash drive, remember the drive letter the OS assigned to the flash drive

Step 5 - Start up UNetbootin and then select the following:

•For “Distribution”, select “FreeDOS”
•Skip to the bottom and make sure “Type” is “USB Drive”. Make sure the “Drive:” letter is the one assigned by Windows for the USB flash drive

Step 6 - UNetbootin will now download the distribution and install FreeDOS on your flash drive

Step 7 - Open the Zip file BIOS_Acer_3310_A_AOA110 & AOA150.zip you downloaded

Step 8 - BIOS_Acer_3310_A_AOA110 & AOA150.zip\BIOS_ACER_3310_Windows_AOA110 & AOA150\Dos_Flash to your USB Flash drive

Step 9 - hit reboot in UNetbootin (or move Flash Drive to your Aspire One)

Step 10 - On Reboot (or Boot if you had to move to your Aspire One) enter the BIOS and change the boot order to make it boot from the USB Hard Drive 1st

Step 11 - The Aspire One will now reboot and load up UNetbootin. It will automatically boot into the default OS on the drive which is FreeDOS

Step 12 - You’ll then see a menu of FreeDOS options. Select option 5 for the FreeDOS Live CD only

Step 13 - You’ll see an error message about a missing CD-ROM – just ignore that. Once FreeDOS finishes the start-up, you’ll be at the “A:\” prompt, to access the BIOS update files, and you’ll need to go to drive “C:\” which is actually the contents on your flash drive. Type “C:” and hit ENTER

Step 14 - Make sure your Aspire One is connected to an outlet – the update will not proceed if the Aspire One is running off the battery only. Type “3310.bat” and hit ENTER

Step 15 - The BIOS will now get flashed to version 3310. Now reboot the system and go back into setup when you see the splash screen by pressing F2. Verify in the first screen that the BIOS version is now 3310

Step 16 - You’re going to change the boot order back to the way it was. It might already be in the proper boot order but it’s a good thing to check anyhow. Make sure the first boot option is the hard drive

Step 17 - Hit F10 and Exit and save changes it will now boot in to windows, you will see that the battery is still not charging

Step 18 - Shut Down, Remove and Replace the Battery, Leave Shutdown and charging for 10 minutes or so

Step 19 - Boot in to windows you should now see some charge in the battery

Step 20 - Leave charging until the battery is showing 100% charge this will calibrate the battery time reaming clock (if it dose not reach 100% the battery is faulty and may need to be replaced)

FIXED

Like I said you may be able to miss steps but this is what I did and it worked
Old Jul 7, 2011, 4:42 am

This worked, great job, still struggling to get the performance working correctly but it is better than before after cleaning the registry and turning a lot of things off
Old Sep 4, 2011, 10:02 pm

TY TY TY!!!

Originally Posted by ZX1100F1
Just a little more information on the Acer Aspire One Battery not charging issue:

BIOS revision 3309 (and later) has a fix for battery charging particularly the 6-cell batteries, however if you have the latest BIOS and your battery still isn't charging a good solution is to power down the computer, remove the battery and unplug the AC power cable then push and hold the power button for a whole 2 minutes (nothing will happen, we're trying to completely drain all residual voltage from the mainboard to reset it), then release the power button, install the battery and power up the computer, it should now recognize the battery and begin a normal charge cycle.

I have read other posts that claim to hold the power button in for 1 minute which I tried and it did not work, you must hold it in for the whole 2 minutes.
Ty soooo much for posting this!!! I have tried several options today to charge my battery, nothing working thou I tried your advice and my battery is CHARGING!!! You saved me money, time and much more aggravation. Thank you once again for taking your time to help us ppl that know not what we are doing lol.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 6:26 pm

Talking this worked beautiful

Originally Posted by scionx3442
With the new 3310 Bios no need to boot from a USB Drive, follow the instructions above to get to the BIOS page, then all you need to do is the following:

1.Connect AC power
2.Clik InsydeFlash
3.Click "sure" to start flash BIOS.

Your PC will restart, and you'll be charging with a new BIOS in play.
i couldnt believe how easy this was to fix thank you so much for that
Old Dec 7, 2011, 7:43 am

Just wanted to add my thanks to the pile. This is the thread that keeps on giving.
Old Dec 11, 2011, 4:41 pm

Acer Aspire one battery problem solved

Hi

Thank you.

After an expensive replacement battery also, apparently, failed I went online to find if others had the same problem, and discovered this forum. I followed the guidance at the link below and the troublesome Acer Aspire one (AOA 150) is now working again, powered by its fully charged battery:

http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3288

There was a worrying moment when the netbook appeared completely dead before bursting into life again. This is the line in the instructions that reads "Let the unit run and after approximately 1 to 7 minutes, the unit should reboot and the BIOS will be updated". I used a USB flash drive (in other words a USB stick) as instructed. I could not make sense of the instructions to do without a USB stick and clic (sic) on InsydeFlash - I never came across this option.

All the best

Lawyer
Old Jun 19, 2012, 1:35 pm

upgrade BIOS - WARNING

Originally Posted by daveh101
Step 1 - down load the latist bios from hear http://global-download.acer.com/GDFi...k&Step2=Aspire One&Step3=AOA150&OS=X01&LC=en&BC=Acer&SC=EMEA_27
I've got a similar problem, and checked the Apire Homepage for a BIOS upgrade.
There's a newer BIOS availible for my model, but also a WARNING:

Flashing the wrong BIOS can cause harm to the system. Acer recommends that you should only upgrade your firmware/drivers if you have been instructed to do so by an Acer Customer Care representative. By using these firmware/drivers you agree to accept the possibility of product failure.

After reading this, I'm not sure anymore if it would be a good idea to update the BIOS. Does any body have a recommendation, what do to or what NOT do do?

Thanks!
Kurt
Old Oct 13, 2012, 1:46 pm

Sorry to bump an old thread. I was sent to fix an Aspire one 5326. The bios version is up to date, and battery charge cycle does not complete. Battery charges up to 25 percent and stops charging. I am thinking bad battery since the unit is over a year old. Any ideas?

Besides the battery issues, cleaning out the unit from all the virus and trojans it has.

Cheers Kirby
Old Nov 29, 2012, 7:26 pm

Hello my Aspire 7741z4643 does not detect any power

Hello my Asus Aspire 7741z4643 does not charge the battery and does not detect any power input even when i tried it with a brand new power supply. What will i do?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.