Wiki Posts
Search

[archived] Favorite iPhone/iPad applications

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2009, 12:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by cblaisd
If that's a pay app, it doesn't sound like it does any more than what you can do for free via mobile.flightstats.com

Agree. Fantastic app that "just works." I had their version for the Treo and am very happy with the iphone version.
I guess it doesn't. But it is quicker then having to load a web page and then enter the flight details. Its got a nice user friendly interface. Anyway it wasn't expensive.

Does flight stats give you Airport info? I haven't used flight stats that much. eg; Flights due to land between 2pm-5pm. So you can see how much delay there is at a certain airport?
Old Mar 12, 2009, 9:44 am

Originally Posted by lallyr
Does flight stats give you Airport info? I haven't used flight stats that much. eg; Flights due to land between 2pm-5pm. So you can see how much delay there is at a certain airport?
i use a free app called airportstatus to show delays at various airports.

itunes link:
http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/M...287350070&mt=8
Old Mar 12, 2009, 12:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pdxer
i use a free app called airportstatus to show delays at various airports.

itunes link:
http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/M...287350070&mt=8
Its handy but only works for North America. Flight status works for any airport across the world. Its $4.99 via iTunes.
Old Mar 12, 2009, 5:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, lowly UA 1K; Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold; National EC, Hertz PC
I guess it doesn't. But it is quicker then having to load a web page and then enter the flight details. Its got a nice user friendly interface. Anyway it wasn't expensive.

Yes, it does have airport info. It feeds into both their own records and anything issued by the FAA. It will even give you a tiny little map if you want it.

Check out the site on the computer if you want even. http://mobile.flightstats.com/go/Mobile/ its a nice light version of the full FlightStats Web site.
Old Mar 13, 2009, 12:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by adambadam
Yes, it does have airport info. It feeds into both their own records and anything issued by the FAA. It will even give you a tiny little map if you want it.

Check out the site on the computer if you want even. http://mobile.flightstats.com/go/Mobile/ its a nice light version of the full FlightStats Web site.
Cool. Thanks.
Old Mar 13, 2009, 12:28 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Its handy but only works for North America. Flight status works for any airport across the world. Its $4.99 via iTunes.
for u.s. airports you can also use the faa website

map version

text version
Old Mar 14, 2009, 5:43 am

FlightOptions for flight scheduling/alternate flight plan

Check out FlightOptions, recently became available in the App Store for .99. It provides a graphical view of alternate flights between any two airports.
Old Mar 28, 2009, 7:07 am

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, HH Diamond, Fairmont RIP, Hertz Plat, BA Gold
Just downloaded a new game that's a lot of fun (and airplane related). It's called FlightControl and it's 99cents. It reminds of an old shareware game from years ago called ATC.

In this game you have to safely guide airplanes (large and small/slow and fast) and choppers to the appropriate runways. It's not a complicated game, but it's a great way to waste some time.
Old Mar 28, 2009, 7:54 am

Programs: SPG, AA, Delta Skymiles
* Rewards Network app: this is a great tool for finding Rewards Network restaurants (AA Dining program, Skymiles dining etc). If you have a 3G Iphone the GPS makes things immensely easier.
* Bloomberg: the new version enables Bloomberg messaging!
* Istockmanager: probably my favorite. If you have a TDAmeritrade account, you will be able to trade via your Iphone. The application is very well designed and makes trading a breeze. You can even trade options.
Old Mar 29, 2009, 2:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, lowly UA 1K; Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold; National EC, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by FFMilesJunkie
Just downloaded a new game that's a lot of fun (and airplane related). It's called FlightControl and it's 99cents. It reminds of an old shareware game from years ago called ATC.

In this game you have to safely guide airplanes (large and small/slow and fast) and choppers to the appropriate runways. It's not a complicated game, but it's a great way to waste some time.
I downloaded this game after reading your review. This is my new favorite game on the iPhone. It is simple, fun and addictive.
Old Mar 29, 2009, 4:17 pm

Programs: UA(1k)/AA/NW/HHonors Diamond/Priority Club Gold/Golden Circle
Originally Posted by adambadam
I downloaded this game after reading your review. This is my new favorite game on the iPhone. It is simple, fun and addictive.

My wife thinks I am nuts...but I just scored a 70. Anybody beat that yet?
Old Mar 30, 2009, 3:55 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Wow. That's two hours of my life that I could have done something else with.

High so far -- 44

Addictive.

The first 5 or 6 planes are kind of predictable but then it gets fast and furious.
Old Mar 30, 2009, 11:39 am

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, HH Diamond, Fairmont RIP, Hertz Plat, BA Gold
I've made it to 64 safe landings. Now my wife is more addicted than I am.

I feel sorry for anyone on any of the planes when I play. Enough zigzags and close calls to make even the most experienced flier grab for the sick bag!
Old Mar 30, 2009, 12:44 pm

Programs: DL - exPlat (now Gold) ; AB - Gold ; TK - Gold; BMI - exGold; US - exChairman ; UA-ex1K; NW-exGold
I write up an iPhone App of the week for travellers each week, usually Thursday, on Flying With Fish (www.flyingwithfish.com)

You can find the App of the Week here:
http://boardingarea.com/blogs/flyingwithfish/?s=iphone
Old Mar 30, 2009, 12:47 pm

Programs: IC PLat Elite
i love Shazam and pandora!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.