Wiki Posts
Search

a few blackberry questions

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2008, 10:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA
a few blackberry questions

One: is anyone using what supposedly is the version of ewallet (what is it, flexwallet?) that works with blackberry? If this works well, I have practically no reason to keep my Dell Axim or other cell phone around any more.

Two: Is there a blackberry version of the Worldmate travel itinerary software (I think there must be), and does anyone have any opinion about it?

Three: what's the other thing? Oh, yeah ... I've seen adds for a keychain GPS receiver that links via bluetooth to a blackberry or smartphone. Anyone using this? If it works as well as the ads say it does, I truly have no more need for either the Dell Axim or the other cellphone.
Old Jul 2, 2008, 5:03 am

Can't help you with the first two, but regarding the third, I believe you're talking about the Freedom 2000 Keychain GPS.

While this is a handy little device, most modern Blackberries have GPS built-in, so the need for an external GPS is debatable. Many carriers leave the internal GPS open for 3rd party applications to use, but some (Verizon for example), restrict access to it in such a way that it will work only with a subscription to their navigation service, and then only with their supplied software (VZNav for Verizon).
Old Jul 2, 2008, 8:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

1) Haven't used it
2) Yes, Worldmate Live is available for the Blackberry. I found it a little sluggish and too full of snazzy graphics. But it does work quite well.

3) Some Blackberry smartphones have GPS built in, and those without it can use the Google maps application with a cell tower locator feature that can guess your location fairly well without the need for GPS.
Old Jul 2, 2008, 10:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA
The model of blackberry I have has wifi but not GPS.
Old Jul 3, 2008, 1:27 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage, SkyMiles, USAir, Singapore, BA
Can anyone state whether the MTK chip in the Freedom 2000 discriminates among multipath reflections as well/better than SiRF III? The "city canyon" problem is my concern.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.