Any new Bluetooth Headsets?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2007, 10:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: Inventor of the "Eskimojito" featuring Canadian Mint/Buquebus Rowing Team

I did a search and the last thread on bluetooth headsets that I could find was in early November (which is a loooong time ago, when it comes to technology!).

The past threads seem to recommend the Plantronics 655 and Jabra JX10, but I'm wondering if there's anything new and better that people would recommend. I'm using a Blackberry 7250 and would like something where people can actually hear me (I haven't had great luck with wired headsets, and though I hesitate to embrace whole geek look, I think I may try a bluetooth set.)
Old Apr 2, 2007, 7:48 pm

Originally Posted by BoyAreMyArmsTired
I did a search and the last thread on bluetooth headsets that I could find was in early November (which is a loooong time ago, when it comes to technology!).

The past threads seem to recommend the Plantronics 655 and Jabra JX10, but I'm wondering if there's anything new and better that people would recommend. I'm using a Blackberry 7250 and would like something where people can actually hear me (I haven't had great luck with wired headsets, and though I hesitate to embrace whole geek look, I think I may try a bluetooth set.)
A few of my associates have purchased the Jawbone headset and are quite pleased with it. I was on a conference call with one of them while they were in a noisy airport and the background noise cancellation was quite good.
Old Apr 3, 2007, 1:37 am

agree on the jawbone review. i've read a lot of positive reviews on it over on howardforums. Gues it takes a little while to get used to the earpiece and volume though. Sold out at my cingular store whenever i go there.
Old Apr 4, 2007, 2:35 pm

Programs: Amex Centurion, United Global Services
FT recommendations should get commissions - I read mention of the Jawbone in this thread, went down and picked one up last night and gave it a spin, brought it in to work and told some people about it, and they ordered 25 of them for the office!
Old Apr 4, 2007, 2:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Lifetime PLT
i have one too. worth every penny!
Old Apr 4, 2007, 3:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

i did not think it made any difference what headset one used with a blackbury, all came out garbage.
Old Apr 4, 2007, 8:18 pm

Originally Posted by slawecki
i did not think it made any difference what headset one used with a blackbury, all came out garbage.
My Plantronics 650 sounds just fine with my "blackbury."* No complaints from the folks on the other end of the call, either.

* Blackberry 8703e/Verizon
Old Apr 4, 2007, 10:01 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Executive Platinum
I have the BlackBerry HS655, which is apparently a rebadged Plantronics 655 with tweaked firmware for better BB compatability. That jawbone is pretty nifty looking though. I wish I'd seen it earlier.
Old Apr 6, 2007, 9:55 pm

I just picked up the new Plantronics 665 and have been extremely impressed with it.
Old Apr 6, 2007, 10:03 pm

Originally Posted by Adralian
I just picked up the new Plantronics 665 and have been extremely impressed with it.
Not sure about this model, but my experience with Plantronics quality control has been very poor in the last couple of years. They have great customer service and replace stuff quickly however.
Old Apr 7, 2007, 4:48 pm

Programs: SK*G & Centurion
Originally Posted by newportgambler
agree on the jawbone review. i've read a lot of positive reviews on it over on howardforums. Gues it takes a little while to get used to the earpiece and volume though. Sold out at my cingular store whenever i go there.
Does it matter what kind of device you are using with the jawbone (as long as it has bluetooth, of course)?
Old Apr 7, 2007, 7:47 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 3MM, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by PorkRind
My Plantronics 650 sounds just fine with my "blackbury."* No complaints from the folks on the other end of the call, either.

* Blackberry 8703e/Verizon
I'm using the 650 with my Treo 750 and find it to be one of the best BT headsets that I have used.^
Old Apr 9, 2007, 8:55 am

Programs: Bah, HUMBUG!
Skip the JX10... quality control is not good and the thing is unreliable. I've been through three. To boot, it's horribly unreliable with my E61. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Similar reports are rampant... no fix in sight and tech support just shrugs.
Old Apr 9, 2007, 11:13 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP
I am using a Blue Ant X3 Micro - working like a charm - but mostly used for skype through my laptop and desktop computers
Old Apr 11, 2007, 5:03 pm

Programs: MR Plat, AA EXP, Hertz Presidents Club, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by PorkRind
A few of my associates have purchased the Jawbone headset and are quite pleased with it. I was on a conference call with one of them while they were in a noisy airport and the background noise cancellation was quite good.
I agree, this is a great product. I can stand next to a train and it does not pick up the noise....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.