Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Technology
Reload this Page >

How many minutes a month do you use on your cell phone?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How many minutes a month do you use on your cell phone?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2007, 12:39 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, HHonors Diamond
Several thousand a month, but only 150 or so anytime out-of-network minutes. Luckily most of my friends and family from back home are also on Sprint, and i text the ones that aren't.
Old Dec 9, 2007, 1:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8320/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

I guess I asked because I had a sprint plan with unlimited that was grandfathered from Nextel and I now have TMobile 2500 with nights and weekends and feeling insecure. I have looked at my bills and I know logically that they are below 2500 but still I'm feeling like what if this month I have to call some tech support or something happens and I need those minutes. anybody ever felt like that?
Old Dec 9, 2007, 2:36 am

Programs: AA EXP; WN CP; Hilton Diamond; Hertz PC; Marriott Plat; PC Plat
Average 1700 per month at $.08 per minute on the company plan. They also have a base charge.

Don't think our IT guys are real good at cell phone contracts
Old Dec 12, 2007, 10:26 am

Programs: UA 1.050MM, PersonalCar 0.275MM
Originally Posted by iwebslinger
I guess I asked because I had a sprint plan with unlimited that was grandfathered from Nextel and I now have TMobile 2500 with nights and weekends and feeling insecure. I have looked at my bills and I know logically that they are below 2500 but still I'm feeling like what if this month I have to call some tech support or something happens and I need those minutes. anybody ever felt like that?
Cell phone companies love that feeling, because it encourages people to trade up to monthly plans that are in excess of what they need to optimize their cell phone spend. Whether your feeling is rational depends on your calling pattern. You've stated that you're below 2,500, but that doesn't tell us much -- other posters on this thread have described their calling patterns in much more detail that you have so far. E.g., I use about 600 minutes per month, with significant variation (+/- 50%); on a grandfathered Cingular plan with 1,000 rollover eligible minutes but no night/weekends minutes at $40/month. That gives me a rollover balance (from the last 12 months) of about 4,500 minutes. So for me, I'd need an unexpected 75 hour (3 days!) call to tech support before I'd start paying for overage minutes.

If you're typically around 2,000 minutes a month, you have decent reason to be a little nervous. But if you're typically around 1,250 minutes a month, how likely are you really going to have an unexpected 20 extra hours of calling in a given month?
Old Dec 12, 2007, 4:22 pm

Programs: MileagePlus 1K
20-25 min/month. I am also on a pre-pay plan.
Old Dec 12, 2007, 4:25 pm

Programs: United GS/2MM, DL*P, VS*G, AA*EXP, Avis CHM, Hertz Platinum, Sixt*D, HH*D, HGP*P, Starwood*P
Originally Posted by B747-437B
Usually around 4000-6000 minutes per month, most of it international roaming.

You do not want to see my phone bill each month!!!
My problem, too.
Old Dec 15, 2007, 2:35 am

Programs: No single airline or hotel chain is of much use to me anymore.
I almost never go over my 250 minutes a month, but I have this month - mostly because a power failure took out the phone system where I work.
Old Dec 16, 2007, 5:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP 0.72MM
I'm on vodafone over here and have a 1000mins and 1000txts plan and generally use 1500 txts and about 950mins. i also have stop the clock tho which takes me mins down dramatically. so when it says i use 950 i've probs used about 4000 or so. i'm a student with an active social life and a gf that doesnt live in the same town! lol

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.