Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Technology
Reload this Page >

Any summary for showing new emails in various accounts?

Old Nov 1, 06, 4:46 pm
Original Poster

I've got various email addresses (but only one active FT account ) with hotmail, sbcglobal, etc. Rather than logging onto each account individually to see if there's any new email, is there any summary that can be displayed to show whether there are any new emails? ( and if there are new emails, then I would log into that account for a purpose)

Thank you in advance if anyone could help.
Old Nov 1, 06, 5:24 pm

Programs: CO Silver; DL FO; SPG Gold; HH Gold
One option would be to have one primary account that you have all the others forward to.

Personally, I use Apple's Mail client to check multiple mailboxes via IMAP; it quite nicely interleaves the messages in the primary Inbox view. If you have a Mac and your accounts all support IMAP/POP (preferably IMAP) that's another option.
Old Nov 1, 06, 5:24 pm

Why can't use use pop3/imap to check all of them.

I have my squirrelmail setup to pop a bunch of accounts.
Old Nov 1, 06, 5:36 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Tummy

I have my squirrelmail setup to pop a bunch of accounts.

Sounds good, but then again, I've been known to fly coach on mileage-run transpacs too. How do I setup that squirrelmail\etc.? (don't have a Mac)
Old Nov 1, 06, 8:08 pm

Programs: CO Gold; SPG Gold***; AvisFirst;
If you have a Blackberry, you can have it pull everything as well.
Old Nov 1, 06, 9:41 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
I have a Win 95 era little program called "MailCall" that will check an unlimited number of pop3 accounts and notify you when there is new mail.

If you want it, email me and I'll email it to you. It won't do webmail, of course.
Old Nov 2, 06, 12:06 am

Programs: UA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Tummy
Exactly. I have several domain emails plus my Earthlink account and set them all up in Eudora. So when I check mail, all the new messages are downloaded. Doesn't work for Web addresses though.
Old Nov 2, 06, 12:43 am

Programs: CO Silver; DL FO; SPG Gold; HH Gold
Originally Posted by linsj
Exactly. I have several domain emails plus my Earthlink account and set them all up in Eudora. So when I check mail, all the new messages are downloaded. Doesn't work for Web addresses though.
There are various pieces of software and online services that'll emulate POP/IMAP for webmail accounts. I'm not familiar with them, so search around... Maintaining that for several accounts might be more of a pain than you really want though.
Old Nov 7, 06, 11:45 am
ob1

Programs: United GS
Originally Posted by crankyusi
I've got various email addresses (but only one active FT account ) with hotmail, sbcglobal, etc. Rather than logging onto each account individually to see if there's any new email, is there any summary that can be displayed to show whether there are any new emails? ( and if there are new emails, then I would log into that account for a purpose)

Thank you in advance if anyone could help.
You might like this systray util - small compact and very effecient
ePrompter
www.ePrompter.com
Old Nov 7, 06, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, Delta Plat
Originally Posted by karthik
One option would be to have one primary account that you have all the others forward to.
I have done this as well. I've forwarded all my Comcast webmail to my Yahoo account. If I need to send an e-mail from the Comcast account, I still need to log into that account, but it's infrequent.
Old Nov 9, 06, 9:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by karthik
Personally, I use Apple's Mail client to check multiple mailboxes via IMAP; it quite nicely interleaves the messages in the primary Inbox view. If you have a Mac and your accounts all support IMAP/POP (preferably IMAP) that's another option.
If anyone knows of a Windows version of this type of software, please post or PM me. You would be my hero.
Old Nov 9, 06, 5:33 pm

Programs: DJ, QF, SPG, Hilton
MS Outlook can do it too, I believe. I use Outlook 2003 to check POP3, Hotmail and Gmail. I believe you can check IMAP mail as well. Just go to Tools - Email Accounts - Add Account.
Old Nov 16, 06, 1:51 pm
ob1

Programs: United GS
Small e-mail client sits in the task bar adn checks all and allows you to read nad respond as well
ePromtper
http://www.eprompter.com/
Hard to beat and its free (works with Hotmail accounts that are enabled for non web based reading (not all are BTW))

Search this Thread
Search Engine: