Wiki Posts
Search

Best wireless keyboard/mouse combo?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2005, 12:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Best wireless keyboard/mouse combo?

What do you think is the best such combo, after considering such things as cost, range of reception, responsiveness, LED backlighting and key placement?

Are Microsoft's hardware products reliable? Note I asked about "hardware". Important distinction.
Old Aug 22, 2005, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I'm a big fan of the Microsoft Natural keyboard series. However, the wireless version is way too expensive.
Old Aug 22, 2005, 1:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pseudoswede
I'm a big fan of the Microsoft Natural keyboard series. However, the wireless version is way too expensive.
Yes, the natural keyboards are wonderful.
Old Aug 22, 2005, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've been a longtime (well, a year) user of the Logitech DiNovo keyboard set, it is pricey at $249 but is the best keyboard I've ever had.
Old Aug 22, 2005, 3:22 pm
uck

Best bang for your buck for $49.94 @ Staples after Instant Savings MS Wireless Desktop Elite and $25 MS rebate, I've used this for 1.5 yrs and it's worked great!

-Uck

edited for name of keyboard

Last edited by uck; Aug 22, 2005 at 3:40 pm
Old Aug 22, 2005, 8:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AK Gold 75K, etc. etc.
I'm using a gyrotron keyboard and mouse for my HTPC. Its not an ergonomic keyboard, but it does have a good 30 ft range.
Old Aug 22, 2005, 8:51 pm

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
I've been using the Microsoft Wireless keyboard & mouse for about a year and a half. I think I've had to recharge the two AA batteries in each about twice per device. Never had a problem with either of them.

Bought 'em together at Microcenter for about $30 after rebates.
Old Aug 23, 2005, 12:36 pm

Programs: After years of status, back to Peon levels. Anti-Apostheid Platinum, PWP CentCom
Originally Posted by ScottC
I've been a longtime (well, a year) user of the Logitech DiNovo keyboard set, it is pricey at $249 but is the best keyboard I've ever had.
Code:
<aol>Me too</aol>
I've had a DiNovo for about a year and a half, and I've been very happy with it. Once you get used to the short-travel keys, it's great.

Also, having the keypad as a separate unit is nice - I can do data entry left-handed and still have my right hand on the mouse.

The mouse does need to be recharged frequently - if you forget to put it in the cradle at night, you may run out of juice the next day, so I keep a spare set of AA NiMH cells nearby.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.