Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Just got my Bose QC2s

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2005, 4:32 pm

Programs: FB, EB, Delta, AC, PC, HH.
Originally Posted by Boofer
One thing I've got to say to anyone contemplating the purchase of a noise cancelling headset. Spend the freakin' $300 to get the Bose Quiet Comfort 2's.
I have the beyerdynamic DT770 PRO. I'm in love with them. However, they are built for being studio headphones so don't fold away neatly for packing. Guess they'll have to stay at home. Did try them on a flight and I heard none of the plane noise. Have a pair of Philips NC headphones which I'm so-so happy with. Have a friend who has the Bose v1. They are amasing.

Eventually I'll pick a set of QC2 up on ebay....

Unless Beyerdynamic comes up with a NC headphone. If they do I know what I'm going for.
Old Jul 8, 2005, 5:24 pm

Programs: UA1P
Originally Posted by mcintosh
Great but still begs the question. Are they safe electronically.
Pilots have been using NC headphones for years -- they are totally safe electronically.

I think you were right, that you need to be able to hear directions from FA.

(Though frankly, I can probably hear FAs better with them turned on than turned off. The NC mainly blocks out the background noises.)

Why not make people remove headphones entirely rather than just turn them off if that is the reason?
Old Jul 8, 2005, 6:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA plus
Originally Posted by catflyer
Why not make people remove headphones entirely rather than just turn them off if that is the reason?
On UAX flights, they make me take them off completely not just turn them off. For mainline international flights - esp in C - you can keep them on without issue but on domestic mainline flights, it will depend on the crew. YMMV
Old Jul 8, 2005, 7:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA plus
Originally Posted by iwebslinger
No fear of going schizo?
Going?
Old Jul 8, 2005, 7:19 pm

Programs: UA1P
Originally Posted by GoingAway
On UAX flights, they make me take them off completely not just turn them off. For mainline international flights - esp in C - you can keep them on without issue but on domestic mainline flights, it will depend on the crew. YMMV
Not long ago I was able to keep them on UX from SFO to MRY...

I agree with you about international C, but half the time they don't even put the head rests down..
Old Jul 8, 2005, 7:35 pm

Programs: DL FC, NW
One night, while trolling on eBay, I came across a pair of Aiwa HP-CN6 headphones for a very small price. Well, on eBay sometimes you get what you pay for, but I received a very pleasant surprise. These headphones have a crisp, high quality sound and when you turn on the noise cancellation feature, they really work great. I am not saying they are in the same league as the Boise headphones, but they are fantastic for a fraction of the price.
Old Jul 9, 2005, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Originally Posted by iwebslinger
Yeah love my QC2. Have you been getting the FA asking you to turn them off during takeoff and landing?
Mixed for me too. And sitting with the LED away from the aisle doesn't work. I guess they think if I have headphones on I am listening to music.
Old Jul 13, 2005, 12:35 pm
Zip

Programs: UA-MM; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Gold
How MUCH noise reduction?

Have had our QC2s for couple months now, and love them. But, and this is a very subjective thing, how much noise reduction do you estimate you get with these things? I estimate 60% reduction with ours, and am happy with that. Is 60% reduction good or poor?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.