Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Technology
Reload this Page >

Quick Question-Vodafone UK Mobile - How many digits in number?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2005, 1:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA MM, Hilton-Dia

Quick question - I had a "missed call" from the UK this morning and I am trying to call back but my caller ID (t-mobile) shows what I believe to be too few digits? e.g. +44 7 919 XXXX

I thought mobile numbers were 9 digits long in the UK - am I right? e.g. the above number should be +44 7 919 XXXX YY.

If so, anybody also know why T-Mobile is chopping off numbers in the Caller ID? Anybdy have the same experience?

Thanks
Old Jun 12, 2005, 5:36 pm

Programs: BA Gold; VA Velocity Gold; LH FTL; Marriott Gold; ICHG Platinum AMB; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by tide
Quick question - I had a "missed call" from the UK this morning and I am trying to call back but my caller ID (t-mobile) shows what I believe to be too few digits? e.g. +44 7 919 XXXX

I thought mobile numbers were 9 digits long in the UK - am I right? e.g. the above number should be +44 7 919 XXXX YY.

If so, anybody also know why T-Mobile is chopping off numbers in the Caller ID? Anybdy have the same experience?

Thanks
You're correct about the number of digits - all cellphone numbers in the UK follow the format +44 7XXX YYY ZZZ, and only cellphone numbers start with a 7.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 10:48 am

Originally Posted by tide

Thanks
Just to clarify this for future ref: the above poster is incorrect! +44 is the uk mobile message centre(s), that will have sent the missed call message to your phone. You will still be able to connect even if you call with the 44 but, for a cleaner number remove the 44 and replace with a 0.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 12:49 pm

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass
Welcome to FT oraya,

Your post is a bit unclear though.

+44 is just the international dialling code number for the UK. Mobile message centres are numbers set by each of the carriers. They follow the same sequence as a normal mobile phone number ie: 07xxx yyyzzz or +44 7xxx yyyzzz.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 5:06 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA Silver; Marriott Plat
And if you are calling from a mobile, even in the UK you can use the format +447xxx yyy zzz for calling another mobile; you do not have to use 07...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.