Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Technology
Reload this Page >

mac.column.ted: Airline hassles from online to on board (with a PowerBook)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2005, 4:40 pm
EPS
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1P; HHonors Silver

http://www.macfixit.com/article.php?...50405070057219

Over the past year, I have had to fly back and forth between Michigan and California several times. I used my desktop Mac for booking my flights online; the idea here was to save time and money from booking the “old-fashioned way.” On flight days, I took my PowerBook with me of course. My plan was that to use the laptop to help pass the time. I might get some work done on an article or just watch a movie on DVD. Unfortunately, my ideas and plans turned out to have very little in common with the realities of airline travel.
Old Apr 5, 2005, 5:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bar Alliance Gold
Been there and done that.

Why I like to book Exit Rows or bulkheads, carry three batteries with me, and do my best to connect via DEN and SFO where there are plenty of power ports and usually a T-Mobile (DEN uses AT&T, alas) access I can use throughout the day for a single payment.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.