Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Technology
Reload this Page >

I need a okay laptop for about $700.... any sugestions.?

I need a okay laptop for about $700.... any sugestions.?

Old Jan 23, 05, 5:08 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Puget Sound Area, WA
Posts: 6,688
I need a okay laptop for about $700.... any sugestions.?

I am looking for an inexpensive laptop that I can check emails and surf the internet as I spend more and more time in Mexico. I just spent hours on the web checking all the computer sites and I feel dazed and confused....

Ideally I would like :
15" screen
40 GB
wireless
512 MB

Even a suggestion for a manufacturer that I should be looking at .... I know Dell is the best but I am finding it hard to price anything less than the high $800's.......


thanks for any help in advance....
david55 is offline  
Old Jan 23, 05, 5:48 pm
  #2  
jfe
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: El Paso, TX, USA
Programs: Kicked out of all of them
Posts: 32,534
Compaq Presario 2232us Celeron M 360, 1.4GHz, 256MB, 40GB, 15" XGA, DVD / CD-RW Combo,802.11b/g + Canon Pixma iP1500 Color Photo Printer >> for $699.98 at CompUSA.com


Click here to go to CompUSA.com
Add to Shopping cart for $879.99
Also Add Canon Pixma iP1500 Color Photo Printer to Shopping cart for $49.99
-$150 Mail-in Rebate (Exp 01/29/2005)
-$30 Mail-in Rebate (Exp 06/01/2005)
-$50 Mail-in Rebate (Exp 01/29/2005) - Printer Bundle
Final Price : $879.99 + $49.99 - $150 - $30 - $50 = $699.98 + Penny Shipping + State tax may apply
Note: Printer purchase is optional.

Courtesy of deals2buy.com
jfe is offline  
Old Jan 23, 05, 6:37 pm
  #3  
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Puget Sound Area, WA
Posts: 6,688
Originally Posted by jfe
Compaq Presario 2232us Celeron M 360, 1.4GHz, 256MB, 40GB, 15" XGA, DVD / CD-RW Combo,802.11b/g + Canon Pixma iP1500 Color Photo Printer >> for $699.98 at CompUSA.com


Click here to go to CompUSA.com
Add to Shopping cart for $879.99
Also Add Canon Pixma iP1500 Color Photo Printer to Shopping cart for $49.99
-$150 Mail-in Rebate (Exp 01/29/2005)
-$30 Mail-in Rebate (Exp 06/01/2005)
-$50 Mail-in Rebate (Exp 01/29/2005) - Printer Bundle
Final Price : $879.99 + $49.99 - $150 - $30 - $50 = $699.98 + Penny Shipping + State tax may apply
Note: Printer purchase is optional.

Courtesy of deals2buy.com
Interesting... this may be silly question but where in that ad does it say about wireless.....

I saw a similar configuration for a Dell 1150 for $850....would it be worth getting the dell for its reliablity...

Last edited by david55; Jan 23, 05 at 6:40 pm
david55 is offline  
Old Jan 23, 05, 6:43 pm
  #4  
jfe
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: El Paso, TX, USA
Programs: Kicked out of all of them
Posts: 32,534
Originally Posted by jfe
Compaq Presario 2232us Celeron M 360, 1.4GHz, 256MB, 40GB, 15" XGA, DVD / CD-RW Combo,802.11b/g + Canon Pixma iP1500 Color Photo Printer >> for $699.98 at CompUSA.com


Originally Posted by david4455
Interesting... this may be silly question but where in that ad does it say about wireless.....
Right there
jfe is offline  
Old Jan 23, 05, 8:43 pm
  #5  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: MCI
Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Posts: 46,876
David, I started a similar thread a few days ago here - search for inexpensive laptop, last 5 days or whatever. Lots of folks provided good suggestions there.
pinniped is offline  
Old Jan 23, 05, 8:56 pm
  #6  
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Puget Sound Area, WA
Posts: 6,688
Originally Posted by pinniped
David, I started a similar thread a few days ago here - search for inexpensive laptop, last 5 days or whatever. Lots of folks provided good suggestions there.
Thanks... I actually found the thread after I posted mine.... what did you end up buying?
david55 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread