Wiki Posts
Search

Waterproof, roll-up, lightweight keyboard

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2004, 3:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Mr Swise: AAdvantage LifetimePlt/3MM, HH Dmnd, SPG Plt
Waterproof, roll-up, lightweight keyboard

I just came across this review of the CoolMac Flexible, Waterproof keyboard.

It looks pretty nifty: lightweight, low profile, sealed, full-size keys. No Keypad though.

The review indicates that it's made to use with Macs, but it might also be compatible with Windows machines. If not, there's probably something equivalent -- or there will be eventually.

I wonder about durability, since it can be rolled. Seems like the wiring could break down after a while.

If they came out with one that was Bluetooth compatible and had a keypad, I'd consider giving it a home in my laptop bag.
Old Mar 2, 2004, 5:04 pm

I've seen similar flexible and spill-resistant keyboards for PCs in Akihabara: neoprene-like material, USB, keypad. Didn't care for the feel of the keys.

Actually I was looking for an inflatable keyboard (saw one in 2001 there), to play a joke on tech support
Old Mar 2, 2004, 10:15 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
PC ones, in both usb or ps2 connections, with a numeric keypad are available for under $30. Cyberguys.com has them (ps2 only) in clear or purple for $23. They also have full sized standard keyboards for $3.95.

Old Mar 4, 2004, 11:56 pm

I have a roll-up "Virtually indestructible keyboard" (available at www. grandtec.com also at CompUSA) that was $20.00. It has a keypad on the side as well as Win hotkeys.
Works great with the laptop, USB connected.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.