Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Technology
Reload this Page >

Laptop Modem Adaptor for the UK HELP !

Old Aug 9, 2001, 9:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA-EXP 2MM, Marriott-PP/LT P, Avis-PC

I have the power converter handled, but how do I plug in my modem when traveling in the UK ??
Old Aug 11, 2001, 3:33 am

depends where you stay

A lot of hotels now have dual ports in their phones - one for the RJ11 connector you use in the US, another for the regular UK phone connector.

You can get an adaptor to change RJ11 to UK style.

Try this http://www2.warehouse.com/product.as...VW20726&cat=pc
it should do the job

have a good trip
Old Aug 11, 2001, 11:26 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
Magellans also offers an adapter, it's at http://www.magellans.com/cgi-bin/mit...&Args=&Pos=227 and costs under $10.

Just in case, always travel with a kit consisting of a small screwdriver and a modem cord that ends in wires at one end and you can hardwire it either to the inside of the jack or the inside of the phone if necessary.
Old Aug 12, 2001, 5:03 am

Programs: UA 1K, AK Gold 75K, etc. etc.
In addition to the phone plug adapter, sometimes you need a line1/line2 inverter which allows you to use the modem on line two of your phone cord. Some british phone lines are inverted compared to US lines.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.