Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Technology
Reload this Page >

What ticks you off about technology when you travel?

Old Aug 10, 2001, 8:11 am
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Is it those surprise hotel phone surcharges that no one told you about when you checked in? How about your crash-prone computer operating system? Maybe it's your crappy cell phone?

You know. But do you know what your fellow road warriors think? If you're interested - and don't lie to me, I know you are - then skip those statistically meaningless polls and ignore the tidy sound bites delivered by the overpaid analysts in cheap suits. Just click through this column's archives.

A pointless exercise? Not if you want to have a better trip.

This is the only weekly column about travel and technology - online or offline. Nowhere else will you find a more tightly focused or timely feature on the topic. But what you don't see is the other half - the thousands of e-mails that I get from readers. It's these missives that offer a rare glimpse into the soul of the road warrior.

I'm sure the marketing mavens of the world would pay big bucks for these insights, but this week, they're yours for free. Why? Because knowing what travelers don't like about their technology means you can better avoid the hassles and headaches of going places with your gadgets. Or at least try to.

The trouble with cell phones...

http://misc.biztravel.com/CPageUtil_...ion=BT3&ssnid=

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.