new PDA/phone

Old Aug 3, 2001, 12:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
new PDA/phone

Check this unit out:

www.pc-ephone.com

Dorian

------------------
The Global Lounge Project - open source airline lounge listings - managed by Dorian
flyers'places - restaurant, bar & hotel tips - acquired by nFT
The Star Alliance RTW Price Chart - by Dorian
The Star Alliance Gold Comparison Chart - by Blondebomber
Old Aug 3, 2001, 6:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Cool looking phone, I saw it about a year ago and though it was vapourware!
Old Aug 3, 2001, 1:27 pm

Programs: UA MP:1P for life, TG:Gold, CO:Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ScottC:
Cool looking phone, I saw it about a year ago and though it was vapourware!</font>
Dorian, interesting device, but ScottC is correct, the pc-ephone is very much vaporware. The company is currently forcasting first product shipments in 60-90 days, but with partial functionality at best. They have not yet successfully concluded acceptance testing with CDMA wireless carriers. If they do ship, and if their internal Qualcomm CDMA chipset is not available to use with the wireless networks, one fallback position would be to use a CF (compact flash) modem and standard (e.g. ATT/Verizon/Omnisky) service. Full CDMA 800Mhz PCS is forecast to be available no earlier than Q1/02.

BTW retail price is US$999, and that does not include the bluetooth handset/stylus, which will trail the base unit by an unspecified period. If it ever becomes available, it will allow the user to roam up to 30 feet from the base unit.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.