Reload this Page >

Tablet for creative 13 y.o.

Old Oct 4, 2022, 1:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Too many to list

Is the iPad tablet a good choice for our 13 y.o. granddaughter? With 256GB, Wi-Fi and Apple Pencil added it comes to $578. It will be her birthday present. All the reviews I read say it's the best for that price range. Any suggestions? Thoughts?

Will Black Friday prices probably be lower?
Old Oct 4, 2022, 3:16 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by philemer
Is the iPad tablet a good choice for our 13 y.o. granddaughter? With 256GB, Wi-Fi and Apple Pencil added it comes to $578. It will be her birthday present. All the reviews I read say it's the best for that price range. Any suggestions? Thoughts?

Will Black Friday prices probably be lower?
Does she really need 256GB?

Take a look at this thread:
Old Oct 4, 2022, 3:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TWA884
Does she really need 256GB?

Take a look at this thread:
Thanks for the link, just read it. Will probably go with the newest model at Best Buy with $50 discount. Now, how much storage/memory will a kid need? I have NO clue.

I know she publishes videos on Tic Tok (dancing & singing I believe). How does one know "how much is enough?"

She has also requested the Apple Pencil which adds $99.
Old Oct 4, 2022, 4:01 pm

Thanks for the link, just read it. Will probably go with the newest model at Best Buy with $50 discount. Now, how much storage/memory will a kid need? I have NO clue.

I know she publishes videos on Tic Tok (dancing & singing I believe). How does one know "how much is enough?"

She has also requested the Apple Pencil which adds $99.
Extended warranty for the pencil. My son has replaced his twice under warranty. He uses his iPad for class notes using an app.
Old Oct 4, 2022, 4:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TGarza
Extended warranty for the pencil. My son has replaced his twice under warranty. He uses his iPad for class notes using an app.
Did you buy the AppleCare+ warranty for $69 or does that only cover the iPad?
Old Oct 4, 2022, 6:27 pm

Did you buy the AppleCare+ warranty for $69 or does that only cover the iPad?
yes with a different deductible $29 for the pencil. I purchased extra tips for the pencil. IPad is $49 deductible. It is less headache to buy both items in the same transaction.

https://www.apple.com/support/products/ipad/
Old Oct 4, 2022, 10:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TGarza
yes with a different deductible $29 for the pencil. I purchased extra tips for the pencil. IPad is $49 deductible. It is less headache to buy both items in the same transaction.

https://www.apple.com/support/products/ipad/
Thanks. Good idea.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.