Wiki Posts
Search

Samsung Galaxy Watch 5?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2022, 10:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, SWA CP
Samsung Galaxy Watch 5?

I know these android watches don't get a lot of excitement, but did anybody else upgrade to the 5? The battery is much improved. Other than that, it is indistinguishable from the 4.
Old Sep 7, 2022, 11:28 am

Programs: IHG Spire, National Exec, AA Plat
I've still got a 3. Hearing the battery on the 5 is disappointing, so that sucks.
I'm waiting to see what the Pixel watch as well as the upcoming new Mobvoi watch look like before I upgrade.
Old Sep 7, 2022, 11:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, SWA CP
Originally Posted by bchandler02
I've still got a 3. Hearing the battery on the 5 is disappointing, so that sucks.
That's not what I'm finding. I see about a 3x improvement. That said, I'm still not convinced these smart watches do anything better than a decent Casio. I use a Garmin for fitness.
Old Sep 8, 2022, 8:33 am

Programs: IHG Spire, National Exec, AA Plat
Originally Posted by mike_la_jolla
That's not what I'm finding. I see about a 3x improvement. That said, I'm still not convinced these smart watches do anything better than a decent Casio. I use a Garmin for fitness.
Good to know. I'm not a huge fan of Samsung in general. The latest has been their idea to limit watch features to only those with a Samsung phone, so I don't think I will be buying another Samsung product. If I wanted to be controlled, I'd be in the Apple universe.
Old Sep 8, 2022, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by mike_la_jolla
I know these android watches don't get a lot of excitement, but did anybody else upgrade to the 5? The battery is much improved. Other than that, it is indistinguishable from the 4.
Nope and I'm going to buy an Apple Watch Ultra when it launches!
Old Sep 12, 2022, 9:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I was tempted to upgrade to a 5 from my Active2, but I just couldn't pull the trigger paying $200-ish for one. I'm sure they'll drop the price again around Black Friday. Mrs. Swede hated her Watch3.
Old Nov 21, 2023, 10:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by pseudoswede
I was tempted to upgrade to a 5 from my Active2, but I just couldn't pull the trigger paying $200-ish for one. I'm sure they'll drop the price again around Black Friday. Mrs. Swede hated her Watch3.
A few weeks ago, I was able to trade-in Mrs. Swede's Watch 3 for a Watch 5 for about $70. She didn't like the look of it. As soon as I got the notification that her Watch 3 was accepted for trade-in (about 10 days), Samsung announced a sale on the Watch 6 Classic with enhanced trade-ins. That means the Watch 5 was worth $200, and I was able to get her the Watch 6 Classic for $126 after taxes and trade-in.

I was also given $125 for my Active2 when buying a (regular) Watch 6, so that came out to $120 after taxes and trade-in.

I also have a spare GearFit2 lying around, and there are rumors the release of the GearFit3 is imminent. Hopefully they offer a good trade-in program for that.

My Watch 6 is nice--especially with the free hybrid leather band; it makes it feel much higher quality. It's also nice that I'll be getting real software updates now and for a while--all development work on Tizen ended a few years ago. I can eek out almost three days' of battery life.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.