Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Technology
Reload this Page >

Vodacom South Africa Roaming in USA - Caller ID Issue

Old Apr 16, 2021, 8:49 am
Original Poster

So, I frequently use/roam my Vodacom South Africa Apple iPhone while in the USA. In the past, while roaming in the USA with the phone, I could call US mobile numbers, other South African numbers (mobile or landline) and other South African mobile numbers/phone (also Vodacom South Africa iPhones) that were also roaming in the USA.

Lately, past two-three weeks, I've noticed that when use my Vodacom South Africa Apple iPhone while in the USA to call the abovementioned third category - e.g. South African mobile numbers/phone (also Vodacom South Africa iPhones) that were also roaming in the USA. - my number is not correctly displayed on the receiver's phone. So, for example, if my SA mobile number is +27 72 123 4567, this number is no longer displayed on the phone. Rather, the receiver's roaming Vodacom iPhone in the USA displays some totally random SA mobile number +27 YY ABC DEFG. It happens each time and each time the +27 YY ABC DEFG is different, never consistent. On the phone, I've tried to reset network settings, checked my caller ID (Seetings, Phone, Show My Caller ID), Setting, Phone "My Number") etc. I addition, if I call a US mobile, number, the US mobile phone also now displays a totally random SA mobile number.

FWIW. I'm using an old iPhone (a 5s) and when I roam in the US, I'm roaming on T-Mo's network. The other SA mobiles in the USA (family and friends) also report their phones are roaming on the T-Mo network.

Any ideas?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.