Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Technology
Reload this Page >

phone screen protectors

phone screen protectors

Old May 30, 20, 4:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
phone screen protectors

I'm looking for a screen protector for a Samsung Note 9 on which I have a silicone case. The brand I used on my previous phone, which I really like, doesn't make protectors for this one. Amazon ratings have left me confused, so I'm looking for recommendations.
Old Jun 1, 20, 8:23 am

Programs: *G
i dont think its worth the energy to scrutinize over something so trivial and commoditized. i imagine theres no more than a handful of actual film stock, and theyre all relabeled and resold a billion ways.
for phones with unique shaping and cutout, i buy whatever is cheapest. for other standard rectangular screens (like a digital camera), i use spare generic blankets and cut to size.

for most people, its easiest to pay some folks working at cell phone booths and kiosks to apply the film as they do a better job
Old Jun 4, 20, 8:45 am

Programs: AY+
Agree with this one, just get the cheapest.
Old Jun 4, 20, 1:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Her Majesty's Prison UK, scheduled release date June 21st
Programs: 1K, *G for "life", Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Get the 9H tempered ones if you can. Saved my phone the other day when a tree root that definitely wasn't there when I looked, suddenly appeared put of nowhere when I was trail running.
Old Jun 4, 20, 6:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Honors Diamond, Starwood Platinum Preferred
I use an iPhone but I like the MaxBoost brand from Amazon. It comes with a plastic template that you place over the phone and then apply the screen protector. Makes it super easy to get it in the right spot. Also includes all the stuff to clean the screen prior to application.
Old Jun 9, 20, 10:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
I appreciate the suggestions. Since possibilities are unlike the kind I'm used to, I'll probably go to the local UBreakIFix store and get the protector applied for me.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: