Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Technology
Reload this Page >

Suitable travel bluetooth Keyboard & Mouse

Old Dec 26, 19, 10:15 am
Original Poster

I would like to have a suitable bluetooth keyboard and mouse (or keyboard with built-in trackpad) for travel use with an Android mobile phone.

I did have a Logitech general bluetooth keyboard. It stopped working. I'm wondering if that may be due to the pressure it was under and that it may have been bent a bit when carried in the packed bag.

Is there anything available which is robust or has a protective case for when it is packed away?

Recommendations/advice gratefully accepted.

I'm in the UK.
Old Dec 26, 19, 2:13 pm

What about a keyboard with a track pad included ?
Old Dec 26, 19, 11:24 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LAXlocal View Post
What about a keyboard with a track pad included ?
That would work if it was sufficiently robust or had a case that protected it sufficiently.

After my experience of my previous keyboard breaking, I'm more concerned with robustness than other aspects of the keyboard.
Old Dec 27, 19, 9:07 am

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
I used a folding bluetooth Keyboard from Microsoft for a number of years. Don't know if they are still made but it was compact, would remember 2 devices and had both IOS and Android modes for the keyboard. I only stopped using it because of the iPad Pro and the folio keyboard.
Old Dec 27, 19, 9:36 am

Location: Home:HKG formerly YYZ Business: ATL, PVG, PEK, CAN, SZX, MNL, SIN, KUL
Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
This is the one I have been using for the last five years, bluetooth, andriod, iOS and WIn.
Folds up into a solid case. It then slips into a nice leatherette case. I just toss it into whatever bags I am carrying toys in.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ..._keyboard.html

My Logitech travel BT mouse is the previous generation of this. It supported Win Andriod and iOS. Latest version does not. # years of living in bags and being tossed around and still going strong.

https://www.logitech.com/en-ca/produ...se-m557?crid=7
Old Jan 1, 20, 1:04 am

I'm a fan of the Anker Bluetooth keyboards. I have two which I've paired with my car and my Samsung phone. They're lightweight, reasonable build quality, and have a nice touch on them, and I'm picky about my keyboards. They're no IBM Model M, but still infinitely better than the mush-boards Apple installs in their laptops.

Flipping through Amazon, I don't see the exact ones I have (which use AAA batteries), but their newer ones look very similar to the ones I have.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: