Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Technology
Reload this Page >

New iPhone is here!

New iPhone is here!

Old Sep 21, 2019, 7:44 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
Nilay Patel said on the Vergecast that this may be the biggest annual upgrade of iPhone since 3GS to 4.
Old Sep 24, 2019, 3:26 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by wco81
Nilay Patel said on the Vergecast that this may be the biggest annual upgrade of iPhone since 3GS to 4.
A number of analysts seem to have had indications that the upgrade purchases have increased a lot and using the delivery times for new orders as an indication of that. I would be curious to find out how little of that upgrade volume is related to subscription service allowing annual phone replacements?
Old Sep 24, 2019, 7:59 am
Suspended

I’m inclined to wait to upgrade from my 8 Plus.

But was hoping T Mobile would have band 71 in my area.
Old Sep 25, 2019, 10:19 am

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass
Just moved from iphone 6 to iphone 11 yesterday, after 4.5 years.

Looks like a good time to move up. Dark mode looks fine all the time.

Moving the authenticator items took the most time as they all have to go individually.
Old Sep 25, 2019, 4:48 pm

Originally Posted by antichef
Moving the authenticator items took the most time as they all have to go individually.
If you are talking about the google authenticator app, yes, you have to reestablish the seed on each device which is a bit of a PITA.

you might want to look into Authy since it stores the seed data in the cloud, it works seamlessly across devices. There are other solutions, like 1password.

-David
DYKWIA and worldwidedreamer like this.
Old Sep 26, 2019, 7:48 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by antichef
Just moved from iphone 6 to iphone 11 yesterday, after 4.5 years.
Some people may want to wait for 5G to come next year to the iPhones, but Apple seems to have such an addiction to dripping in hardware tech updates to try to maximize upgrade frequency that waiting for the next best thing may have some waiting for far longer than would otherwise be the case or jumping onto the relatively costly upgrade subscription plans. Personally, I wouldn't hesitate to go from an iPhone 6 to an iPhone 11 and would do what you did, but I would probably go for the 11Pro after a few more weeks pass if I were in your kind of shoes.
Old Sep 29, 2019, 9:09 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
I went from an iPhone 6s to iPhone 11 last week, and I think its too big for a variety of reasons. Apple site says that I have 14 days to return. I think I might want to do exchange for a iPhone 11 Pro. Has anyone ever returned or exchanged? ATT has already unlocked the phone though I havent done the rest yet. Just wondering how much of a pain this will be.
Old Sep 29, 2019, 9:41 am

The battery life of the 11 Pro Max is the biggest feature for me. I may have just killed it by activating Verizon and AT&T dual SIM though.
Old Sep 29, 2019, 5:03 pm

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
I went from an iPhone 6s to iPhone 11 last week, and I think its too big for a variety of reasons. Apple site says that I have 14 days to return. I think I might want to do exchange for a iPhone 11 Pro. Has anyone ever returned or exchanged? ATT has already unlocked the phone though I havent done the rest yet. Just wondering how much of a pain this will be.
If you bought it from Apple, should not be any hassle at all if you are within the 14 days.

AT&T? No idea.

-David
Stgermainparis likes this.
Old Sep 29, 2019, 6:16 pm
Suspended

I believe 14 days is the law in many states.

Maybe they'll try to keep some activation fee.
Stgermainparis likes this.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 4:30 pm

Programs: BA bronze, Hertz pres circle, Marriott Platinum, hilton diamond
My iphone X was MINT until 2 days before the 11 launch. Then the day before, as I was about to fly to london I dropped my laptop on it, shattering the screen and the back. Screen replacement was ok, until the update to ios13, when suddenly I couldnt flick up anymore... So suddenly my iphone X dropped in value from 450 to 50, I spend $120 on a front screen replacement, then I was in london where the 11 cost a load more, and had to buy one. So I quite literally had the worst possible outcome.

Salty as I may be, I honestly, apart from the night mode on the camera (which is actually very good) I see very little difference from the X.
Old Oct 4, 2019, 2:53 pm

If you take a lot of pictures (esp while traveling) and are on an 8 or below, I think it makes sense to upgrade to the 11. It's significantly faster and the camera is a lot better. Personally, I have the X and I'll probably wait to upgrade next year once there's a bigger jump in features. The new green color for the 11 Pro is really nice though!
Old Oct 11, 2019, 1:20 am

hows the battery of the new iphone?
Old Oct 11, 2019, 6:58 pm

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass
Originally Posted by trixcia001
hows the battery of the new iphone?
I have the 11, and I keep it on dark mode all the time (I think that is what it is - black screen background) and it is lasting a few days between charges. very happy with that.
worldwidedreamer likes this.
Old Oct 15, 2019, 12:01 pm

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
Originally Posted by LIH Prem
If you are talking about the google authenticator app, yes, you have to reestablish the seed on each device which is a bit of a PITA.

you might want to look into Authy since it stores the seed data in the cloud, it works seamlessly across devices. There are other solutions, like 1password.

-David
One other thing: Authy works across devices which means that you don't get locked out of all your accounts if your iPhone is bricked. Highly recommend switching to Authy.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.