Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Technology
Reload this Page >

New Personal Computer...how much is too much

New Personal Computer...how much is too much

Old Sep 13, 19, 8:25 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by RatherBeOnATrain View Post
I was recently pricing Mac Minis -- I was stunned to see how well used 2012 models are holding their value because they are upgradable. The newer 2014-2016 versions have soldered-in memory chips, while the current (2018) models have soldered-in SSDs.
Try to find them on FB marketplace, you can easily get them for $200. The quad core is a different story though.
Old Sep 13, 19, 11:51 am

Don't forget about the Intel NUCs. They're the PC equivalent of a modern Mac mini. Smaller and completely upgradeable. About twice the size of my RaspPi4 with case.
Old Sep 13, 19, 12:32 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Plat, AA Gold
[QUOTE=9Benua;31518505]So I assume you're running OSX with MS office under parallels. Do you use OSX calendar or MS Outlook?

I use OSX Calendar. We're too small to mess with Outlook, plus everyone has an iPhone, so it's easier to sync. My software also has a calendar/scheduling component, so we use that for some purposes.
Old Sep 13, 19, 12:39 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Plat, AA Gold
My apologies for messing up the formatting. I'm new to posting here.
Old Sep 13, 19, 12:47 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by WSTC View Post
I use OSX Calendar. We're too small to mess with Outlook, plus everyone has an iPhone, so it's easier to sync. My software also has a calendar/scheduling component, so we use that for some purposes.
Interesting, we're just used to MS outlook. Once of this day, we'll move the calendar & mail part to OSX instead of outlook.
WSTC likes this.

Search this Thread