FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Travel Technology (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travel-technology-169/)
-   -   Moto G7 Power (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travel-technology/1985542-moto-g7-power.html)

danielonn Sep 1, 2019 9:36 pm

Moto G7 Power

I just ordered the Tmobile oto G7 Power for $180 new on EBAY and it has so many great features and is 5G capable. It has Fingerprint Scanner, Face Recognition, 3 Day Battery Power and other features. I am very happy with the reviews and for the cost its worth it! Motorolla has very good antennas for reception!

I also purchased the MotoTab ATT New and will pair it with this phone for Hotspot. The MotoTab has a good battery too!

I Want to know what your thoughts are?

lukanh Sep 7, 2019 3:14 pm

Motorola has great value for money! Currently using Moto Droid Maxx, a phone of 2013, and still loving it ) I suppose that you won't regret purchasing a Moto! )

König Sep 15, 2019 10:07 pm

Originally Posted by lukanh (Post 31501695)
Motorola has great value for money! Currently using Moto Droid Maxx, a phone of 2013, and still loving it ) I suppose that you won't regret purchasing a Moto! )

Yep, I concur. I've had Motorola phones since 2003, and I was happy with each and every one of them. Currently, I am using Moto Z2 Play and absolutely loving it. The only thing missing is eSIM, but most other major Android brands don't yet have them either.

chx1975 Sep 15, 2019 11:14 pm

The only reason I switched away from the Moto Z Play to the Pixel 2 was because a) the camera is vastly better b) Fido was having a firesale where they were selling the 128GB version (brand new, unlocked) for the equivalent of 180 USD and that was a deal I couldn't possibly resist. The MZP with a battery mod has an absolutely ridiculous runtime which is just great when sightseeing and the phone is doing public transit navigation duty all day long...

LAXlocal Sep 16, 2019 11:01 am

I have had my G7 power for a couple weeks, I am a real light user , mostly Wifi at home , but the batteries work for 2-3 days at least ,

I think the "screen time" was about 12 hours , but used longer as 5-10 more hours were listening to the radio.....

And with the included charger it recharges pretty quick ,

Hard to beat for the price.

bchandler02 Sep 16, 2019 11:21 am

The battery makes this phone very attractive to me. Combined with a 600 series snapdragon, it should do very well. Moto cameras historically haven't been the best so that's a downside. It has band 71 for Tmobile which is a requirement for me.

The only negative that I see in the specs that really stands out is Bluetooth 4.2. I'd expect 5.0 on any recent phone.

While it doesn't have the most RAM on it, I've found that Moto keeps their version of Android fairly slim and it runs very well. The Z Play that I had was one of my favorite phones, minus the camera.

I may pick one up someday and give it a shot. I'm on a Pixel 3 now but it may be good to have this as a backup and to use between phones as I buy and sell often.

LAXlocal Sep 16, 2019 11:51 am

some models of the Moto G7 power have 4 gb/ 64gb and dual sims , but not the USA model and I doubt the USA carriers want you to have dual sims anyway ,

Good phone for the price ,

flyingfkb Sep 19, 2019 10:00 am

Originally Posted by danielonn (Post 31481042)
I just ordered the Tmobile oto G7 Power for $180 new on EBAY and it has so many great features and is 5G capable.

It is not 5G capable as far as I know. It support 2G, 3G and 4G (LTE) cellular networks but not 5G.

I use the moto g7 (before I had the moto g4 plus) and I'm really satisfied with the performance especially for the price. Lenovo does a good job keeping the brand alive with solid smartphones.