Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Technology
Reload this Page >

Travel tech survey from Xenophon Strategies

Old May 6, 19, 8:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines Platinum, National Executive

Did anyone else get an emailed survey from Xenophon Strategies, aimed at frequent fliers and travel tech?

I'm trying to figure out who sold my email address to them. It might have been American Airlines (the airline I fly). Fine, but just curious.

Thanks.
Old May 6, 19, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Silver)
Originally Posted by NYCommuter View Post
Did anyone else get an emailed survey from Xenophon Strategies, aimed at frequent fliers and travel tech?

I'm trying to figure out who sold my email address to them. It might have been American Airlines (the airline I fly). Fine, but just curious.

Thanks.
No not yet at any rate. However I make it easy to work out who sold my address/has been hacked etc. I own a .com domain and give everyone unique email addresses such as [email protected] that way it's fairly straightforward. You can do something similar with Gmail too.
Old May 6, 19, 12:03 pm

Programs: SkyTean, Star Alliance, HHonors
Originally Posted by Jimmie76 View Post
No not yet at any rate. However I make it easy to work out who sold my address/has been hacked etc. I own a .com domain and give everyone unique email addresses such as [email protected] that way it's fairly straightforward. You can do something similar with Gmail too.
They way to do it with Gmail is to put a comment in the e-mail address you give out. So if my Gmail address was smc333, when I submitted to American Airlines I'd give them smc333+AmericanAirlines or whatever note I wanted. Then when I started recieving spam at that address, I'd know that American (or whoever) had sold/shared my address.

The messages will just show up in whatever section of Gmail they usually would, you'd need to look at the 'To' address to see where it had been sent.

Search this Thread