Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Technology
Reload this Page >

Way to Sync iTunes to Android Phone?

Old Apr 17, 19, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Programs: HH Diamond, Priority Club Platinum

I have an android phone and have been listening to music more frequently at work. I currently use Amazon music, but my gripe is that it's challenging to create a playlist and they don't have some songs I want to include. I really would love to use Mr. Kipper's iTunes account, because he has probably 99% of the songs I want, and we could create a playlist just for me. Is there a way to do this?
Old Apr 17, 19, 12:52 pm

Programs: UA-GS 1MM), Hertz Pres Circle, Starriott Titanium)
Originally Posted by kipper View Post
I have an android phone and have been listening to music more frequently at work. I currently use Amazon music, but my gripe is that it's challenging to create a playlist and they don't have some songs I want to include. I really would love to use Mr. Kipper's iTunes account, because he has probably 99% of the songs I want, and we could create a playlist just for me. Is there a way to do this?
Easiest way is make sure you have an apple music "family" subscription. You can then share everything and it all syncs magically.
Old Apr 17, 19, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LordHamster View Post
Easiest way is make sure you have an apple music "family" subscription. You can then share everything and it all syncs magically.
That will allow me to access all of the songs on his iPod? Can I just sign in to his iTunes account using Apple Music?
Old Apr 17, 19, 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by LordHamster View Post
I don't think you can sync iTunes directly to android phone. The only way to do this is to extract the songs from iTunes and put them directly on the android phone or to a cloud storage that could be accessed by the android phone. Now if you have 20,000 songs.. it is going to take a lot of storage and time to download/upload. I think Google Play Music Manager could extract the songs from iTunes and uploaded to Google drive. Then you could use Google Play Music app to play the songs on android. If you just want to use iTunes like it would on an iPhone, I don't any way.
Old Apr 17, 19, 3:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Need View Post
I don't think you can sync iTunes directly to android phone. The only way to do this is to extract the songs from iTunes and put them directly on the android phone or to a cloud storage that could be accessed by the android phone. Now if you have 20,000 songs.. it is going to take a lot of storage and time to download/upload. I think Google Play Music Manager could extract the songs from iTunes and uploaded to Google drive. Then you could use Google Play Music app to play the songs on android. If you just want to use iTunes like it would on an iPhone, I don't any way.
I'm fine with using a different app. I doubt I'll need to use it when I won't have wifi or data, so I'm not too worried about having to play from the cloud. I would honestly just buy an iPod, but I hate the idea of spending the money on something that I'll use in the car occasionally and at work some of the time. My car can use an SD card as well, so I can use that.
Old Apr 17, 19, 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by kipper View Post
I'm fine with using a different app. I doubt I'll need to use it when I won't have wifi or data, so I'm not too worried about having to play from the cloud. I would honestly just buy an iPod, but I hate the idea of spending the money on something that I'll use in the car occasionally and at work some of the time. My car can use an SD card as well, so I can use that.
The only thing is that you cannot auto "sync" with iTunes. Lets say someone added an album to iTunes, you would not know about it unless that person also upload it to the cloud you are using. Apple made it so you can't use iTunes outside of Apple products. Actually most people I know don't use iTunes anymore even on iPhones. Spotify Premium has just about every song on demand and for download.
Old Apr 17, 19, 7:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Need View Post
The only thing is that you cannot auto "sync" with iTunes. Lets say someone added an album to iTunes, you would not know about it unless that person also upload it to the cloud you are using. Apple made it so you can't use iTunes outside of Apple products. Actually most people I know don't use iTunes anymore even on iPhones. Spotify Premium has just about every song on demand and for download.
I would guess they likely don't have a lot of the songs I'd want.
Old Apr 18, 19, 11:43 am

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
I use an app called iSyncr to move songs to my Pixel 2 XL. Obviously you can't move DRM protected stuff but other than that it works fine. I have a number of smart playlists of the music I want synced and it moves them to the phone. I use the WiFi sync option as I have issues with directly connecting the Pixel 2 XL to my Mac.
Old Apr 18, 19, 2:37 pm

Programs: IHG Spire, National Exec
Originally Posted by TheMadBrewer View Post
I use an app called iSyncr to move songs to my Pixel 2 XL. Obviously you can't move DRM protected stuff but other than that it works fine. I have a number of smart playlists of the music I want synced and it moves them to the phone. I use the WiFi sync option as I have issues with directly connecting the Pixel 2 XL to my Mac.
Also a fan of iSyncr. Been using it for years.
Old Apr 18, 19, 8:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TheMadBrewer View Post
I'll look into it. It sounds like it might work well for what I want.