Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best Vault for storing and autofilling many credit cards

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2019, 7:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PackingIt
Having a proper desktop app makes managing and accessing things like documents, ID information, etc, so much easier than just via a browser extension.
How? Whether I interact with it on the desktop by opening a browser or a standalone app, doesn't matter to me. And I'd prefer not to have to install yet another program when I can do it all in Chrome.
Dodge DeBoulet likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 8:32 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

I use LastPass, and generally think it's great. The only issue I have is that it doesn't seem to want to work in "offline mode" for me.

This got me yesterday on an Emirates flight. I needed to be able to get my Emirates password so I could get onto the Wifi. Of course, I couldn't open LastPass to get the password as I wasn't connected to the internet.

I eventually had to get a free 20MB account, and then get my password from LastPass.

Although, it was hardly worth it as the Emirates WiFi was even worse than usual on the A380.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 8:44 am

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
I use LastPass, and generally think it's great. The only issue I have is that it doesn't seem to want to work in "offline mode" for me.

This got me yesterday on an Emirates flight. I needed to be able to get my Emirates password so I could get onto the Wifi. Of course, I couldn't open LastPass to get the password as I wasn't connected to the internet.

I eventually had to get a free 20MB account, and then get my password from LastPass.

Although, it was hardly worth it as the Emirates WiFi was even worse than usual on the A380.
That's odd. I just turned on airplane mode on my laptop and phone and was able to get to my LastPass vault on both. I used the browser plugin on my laptop and the app on my phone.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 9:12 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by Dodge DeBoulet
That's odd. I just turned on airplane mode on my laptop and phone and was able to get to my LastPass vault on both. I used the browser plugin on my laptop and the app on my phone.
Hmmm... you bring up a good point. I bet if I'd turned off WiFi completely, it would have worked. I was connected to the WiFi (awaiting logging on), but I clicked the "Offline Access" check box, assuming that would just go for the cached local version.

I'll test out the theory on the return flight

Thanks
Old Mar 7, 2019, 1:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
. I was connected to the WiFi (awaiting logging on), but I clicked the "Offline Access" check box, assuming that would just go for the cached local version.
That's how I've always used that feature, and it worked fine.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 2:44 pm

1Password 7 still offers a standalone license option for purchase when you install the Windows or Mac app
https://www.reddit.com/r/1Password/c..._price/e7ibzti
Old Mar 11, 2019, 6:04 pm

Originally Posted by tmiw
This might be new. While I did buy a license of the software a while ago, it still syncs via Dropbox instead of their own cloud solution (and I have yet to pay additional money to 1Password).
lastpass has traditionally been cheaper than 1pw. I believe that to use advanced features it used to be $1 a month back in the early days, but it was still functional at some level without that. For the 1pw traditional license you had to buy a license specific to the OS, but there was no monthly fee. So if you wanted the mac version, you had to buy it, and if you wanted the iOS version, you had to pay again, and if you wanted the windows version, you needed another license, and another one for android. That's probably why lastpass continues to have a large following, since it was essentially free in the basic version and $1 a month for advanced features. Looking at lastpass.com it says upgrade to advanced features for $3 a month. A 1pw individual account is $2.99 a month and for that you can run it on any OS on as many devices as you want/need, billed annually, so yes, the price is now equivalent I guess.

-David

Last edited by LIH Prem; Mar 11, 2019 at 6:10 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.