Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Travel Router for Wi-Fi Sharing

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2019, 3:05 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Originally Posted by KRSW
Has [the GL.iNet USB-150] been reliable for you?
Can't speak for @Mellified, but I've had mine on ~55-60 trips since getting it and it's been power-it-and-forget-about-it since day one.
Old Oct 1, 2019, 7:52 pm

Originally Posted by KRSW
Okay, I missed this post earlier, but you got my curiosity going. I found this post on a different forum and post it here for other people who might encounter this. I've never hit it but glad to have the information:

https://superuser.com/questions/9637...not-via-router
Thanks for sharing that, makes sense that AA would try to protect the revenue stream now that they have a two device subscription plan that is more than a single device subscription. Also makes sense why the router will work on the older network and not the newer ones. I’m not sophisticated enough to do the whole DD-WRT thing, so I will end my part of the discussion here. Thanks!!
Old Oct 2, 2019, 2:06 pm

For those curious, I dropped a USB power meter in-line with these routers. Stock config, running WPA2 on the clients, using as a wireless repeater/AP with WAP2 as well, no VPNs turned on, good signal strength on connected AP:
GL-MT300N-V2 (Mango) : 120mA-320mA. Extremely variable. I'd call it about 180mA average.
GL-AR750S-EXT (Slate): 211mA-580ma. Also quite variable. I'd say 400mA average. (Usually 360-425mA average).
xmlsoa likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2019, 6:27 pm

Programs: LT Plt, 4mm, *A GLD, burned out medical provider, executing our estate plan
As i mentioned on a different thread, my Pixel 3 XL works as a travel router. First in Kigali and most recently on a cruise. I have not tried it on a plane.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.