Reload this Page >

Tmobile now has App That Will Provision New Prepaid Service with an ESIM

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tmobile now has App That Will Provision New Prepaid Service with an ESIM

Search this Thread

Old Dec 25, 2018, 2:10 am

Programs: UA-GS 1MM), Hertz Pres Circle, Starriott Titanium)
Originally Posted by LIH Prem
I guess you folks are talking about this?

https://www.reddit.com/r/tmobile/com...w_to_activate/

Those of us talking about moving Postpaid lines, yes.
LIH Prem likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 3:25 pm

Finally got around to it .. we were traveling since mid-December, the digits app worked really well when traveling .. esim will be even better..

used business chat via iMessage, had to convince the rep to do it for my phone. Was easier with the wife's phone.

Thanks,
-David
Old Nov 13, 2020, 6:55 pm

Been a fan of the business chat for esim activations on my postpaid t-mobile accounts.

There's a procedure to move e-sim from old iPhone to a new iPhone on t-mobile. Works with "iPhone Xs or newer running iOS 13.1 or higher"

https://www.t-mobile.com/support/tut...manual-setup/1

Did it via chat today on wife's new 12. I activated the physical sim that came with the phone first that had the side effect (of course) of deactivating the old esim on the old phone. When I get mine, I guess I will remove the physical sim before I turn on the phone to set it up and try this instead.

-David
LordHamster likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2020, 8:38 am

Been a fan of the business chat for esim activations on my postpaid t-mobile accounts.

There's a procedure to move e-sim from old iPhone to a new iPhone on t-mobile. Works with "iPhone Xs or newer running iOS 13.1 or higher"

https://www.t-mobile.com/support/tut...manual-setup/1

Did it via chat today on wife's new 12. I activated the physical sim that came with the phone first that had the side effect (of course) of deactivating the old esim on the old phone. When I get mine, I guess I will remove the physical sim before I turn on the phone to set it up and try this instead.

-David
I did an esim-esim swap last night on my new 12 Pro Max coming from my 11 Pro Max. The Apple website has the instructions that are only a few steps and my number was activated in a few minutes on the new phone without any T-Mobile support help. I also used their system to restore my old phone to the new one without any cables, iTunes, etc. It took about an hour for over 150Gb, but the new phone was an absolute clone of my previous one. Now to see if I can remember what I did to pass my 11 Pro Max down to my wife from her XR with esim.
LIH Prem likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2020, 7:16 pm

this page? https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT210655

It didn't offer me the esim to esim transfer during the normal transfer process, maybe because the new phone came with a new t-mobile sim, but not yet activated. I'll try removing the new physical sim before I turn it on when I get mine. Interesting that there's also a procedure on that support page to go from physical sim to e-sim.

-David
Old Nov 15, 2020, 6:44 am

this page? https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT210655

It didn't offer me the esim to esim transfer during the normal transfer process, maybe because the new phone came with a new t-mobile sim, but not yet activated. I'll try removing the new physical sim before I turn it on when I get mine. Interesting that there's also a procedure on that support page to go from physical sim to e-sim.

-David
I'm pretty sure that's it. I did the transfer from her XR to my old 11 Pro Max last night, and it worked fine again. I was looking for the esim transfer support link when I noticed that her new Pro Max had a cell signal on the display and upon checking, the esim has also transferred with everything else. It is really nice to have the original phone undisturbed if the transfer fails, and also not having to use iTunes to do a restore from backup. Too many times in the past I've had music lists not transfer, apps left out of folders, layouts messed up, etc.
LIH Prem likes this.
Old Nov 19, 2020, 9:01 pm

FWIW, it didn't work for me. I ended up back on chat to move back to esim on the new phone.

I did remove the SIM before the transfer (before I turned on the new iPhone). Despite it being removed, it activated the phone on the physical SIM.

This is the first time in a long time I bought the t-mobile version of an iPhone from the Apple store app. Usually I just buy the SIM-free version, but with the added $150 t-mobile rebate per phone and I verified that the phone would still be unlocked, I went for the t-mobile version. I imagine something in the activation process knew that, as you have to provide your phone number verified by t-mobile as part of the purchase process.

After the transfer/setup, I tried the process for moving the physical sim to esim on the new phone, but it listed the number and plan and said it wasn't eligible for being moved to esim. 10 minutes later on chat, it was done.

-David

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.