Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Technology
Reload this Page >

T-Mobile Consumer Global Plus (High Speed Global LTE Plan)

Old Nov 20, 18, 5:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NEXUS/GE/JPNTTP/CREW

Sorry for making a separate thread, I figured this deserved itís own thread as itís a brand new Data Add-On.

For $50/mo you get the following, this SOC also includes all the features of One Plus International:

Itís unfortunate, for 4 days prior to this 15GB add-on they had this add on for the same exact $50 and it was unlimited rather than the 15GB, and if you added it during the 4 days it was live, you got grandfathered in. This was available less than a week, Care will not budge or add this unlimited version of the SOC if you did not add it during the original availability time.

Global Plus 15GB helps take the guesswork out of calling and data rates. You can easily keep in touch while traveling overseas and remain productive-accessing email, online documents, messages, maps, videos and voicemail-while relying on the steady stream of data that you're accustomed to. In addition to great international benefits like up to 5 GB of 4G LTE data in Canada and Mexico, you get the following while traveling in 210+ countries or destinations:

ē15 GB of up to 4G LTE data for your mobile device.

ēUnlimited calling to and from your mobile device.

ēUnlimited messaging to and from your mobile device.

ē5 GB of up to 4G LTE tethering.

ēSpeeds may vary by country. Visit t-mo.co/roamdetails to read important info about our roaming policy.

Last edited by SirSherlockHolmes; Nov 20, 18 at 11:33 pm
Old Nov 20, 18, 6:18 pm

They've really diverged high and low here. Either $5/day for 500 MB (plus the pain of actually getting it added each day, which is not inconsequential) or $50/month, recurring.

I liked the old days of the middle ground.
Old Nov 23, 18, 5:56 pm

Programs: AMEX Business Centurion
Is Global Plus subject to the "extreme roaming" conditions of ONE and One Plus plans where 50% of the data must happen within the US? If so, then it's just about as useful to me as those other add ons have been (which is to say, not very).
Old Nov 29, 18, 3:27 am

Programs: UA-GS 1MM), Hertz Pres Circle, Starriott Titanium)
I jumped on the Global Plus the day it was announced (Nov 9th). Luckily I got myself grandfathered into unlimited high-speed plan. So far I'm loving it. Yes it is expensive, but to me not having to deal with the hassle of daily passes or 10-day passes is worth it. Also, way easier than tracking down local sims.

Before jumping on this I had been using Project FI. Which BTW just announced that you can now use on non-google phones like iPhones. Even though I now have the grandfathered unlimited T-mo plan... I'm very tempted to port my main number back to project fi now that I can officially use it w/ my iPhone.

With T-Mo...I'm paying $120/ month base for my wifes line and mine. If I want Global Plus on both that is another $50/month per line. I rarely use more than 12GB a month. On FI, this global full speed access would come to at most $80/month / line. Whereas on T-Mo we are talking about quite a bit more. This month has really been very exciting for us global roamers.
Old Nov 29, 18, 8:39 am

The $50 a month is on top of the regular monthly charge right? So lets say it is $40 for Tmobile One, it would be $90 total? So if you use more than 6GB, it would be the same with Google Fi which is $20 + $60 + tax... close to $90. If you use less than 6GB, Google Fi would be cheaper.

But either one of those would be better than my current AT&T plan. I paid $240 year just on getting the Int Passport 1GB 4 times.
LordHamster likes this.
Old Nov 29, 18, 10:17 am

I jumped on the Google Fi promotion yesterday. But I'm not planning to port my real number. Long-term, I'm planning to use Google Fi for international roaming, basically. It should costs $1-$2/day, I figure.

I'll keep T-Mobile for my main line and use it in the US.
Old Nov 29, 18, 11:43 pm

Originally Posted by Michael Ad View Post
I jumped on the Google Fi promotion yesterday. But I'm not planning to port my real number. Long-term, I'm planning to use Google Fi for international roaming, basically. It should costs $1-$2/day, I figure.

I'll keep T-Mobile for my main line and use it in the US.
Good Plan. The data only sims make FI a real killer. FYI, I don't think you will get the "promo deals" they offered if you don't port in a number, but I could be wrong. Either way, I've been a FI customer since the start and it has been life-changing in terms of international data roaming.

T-Mo's Global Plus plan is awesome for sure, but IMO Fi still beats it.
Old Nov 29, 18, 11:44 pm

Originally Posted by Need View Post
The $50 a month is on top of the regular monthly charge right? So lets say it is $40 for Tmobile One, it would be $90 total? So if you use more than 6GB, it would be the same with Google Fi which is $20 + $60 + tax... close to $90. If you use less than 6GB, Google Fi would be cheaper.

But either one of those would be better than my current AT&T plan. I paid $240 year just on getting the Int Passport 1GB 4 times.
Keep in mind, the unlimited Global Plus is NO longer available for new subscribers. Now they only have the 15GB Global plus add-on. After 15GB you drop to 256kbps speed I think.
Old Nov 30, 18, 9:11 am

Originally Posted by LordHamster View Post
Good Plan. The data only sims make FI a real killer. FYI, I don't think you will get the "promo deals" they offered if you don't port in a number, but I could be wrong. Either way, I've been a FI customer since the start and it has been life-changing in terms of international data roaming.

T-Mo's Global Plus plan is awesome for sure, but IMO Fi still beats it.
I ported in a legit secondary T-Mobile number, but thanks for the warning. I'll also be sure to keep it alive and un-paused for 120 days after activation.
Old Dec 2, 18, 11:25 pm

Programs: AMEX Business Centurion
Where did you guys who jumped on the Unlimited promo while it was available find out about it? I must not be following the right sources, I found out about it after it was switched to 15GB which is below the threshold that would be worth it to me, for an additional $50 per month.
Old Dec 3, 18, 7:14 am

Originally Posted by tangfish View Post
Where did you guys who jumped on the Unlimited promo while it was available find out about it? I must not be following the right sources, I found out about it after it was switched to 15GB which is below the threshold that would be worth it to me, for an additional $50 per month.
Reddit the r/tmobile group.

I'm loving the plan BTW... crossed 3 countries saturday (India, Qatar, UK) had full speed LTE each place. Was glorious.
Old Dec 9, 18, 3:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, DL DM, AS 75K, MR Titanium, HH Diamond
Loving it here as well, tested in London and Hong Kong so far with no issues. Teathered data was faster than my hotel in london.
Old Dec 12, 18, 11:35 am

Put my wife on it and she is now quite happily using her LTE speeds in Beijing.
Old Dec 12, 18, 12:52 pm

Programs: COdbaUA 1K, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, Omni Black, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
Is this one of those things you can turn on and off? If so, it sounds excellent
Old Dec 17, 18, 8:49 am

Originally Posted by N1120A View Post
Is this one of those things you can turn on and off? If so, it sounds excellent
Yes... but if you enter a billing cycle with it on, you will be charged the full $50 for the cycle. Also, there is no guarantee T-Mo won't kill it off. If you are interested in being "grandfathered" you may want to keep it on your line.

Search this Thread