Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Technology
Reload this Page >

T-Mobile Consumer Global Plus (High Speed Global LTE Plan)

T-Mobile Consumer Global Plus (High Speed Global LTE Plan)

Old Apr 11, 2019, 2:33 pm

Why did you originally move from Fi to T-Mobile?
Old Apr 11, 2019, 5:52 pm

Programs: UA-GS 1MM), Hertz Pres Circle, Starriott Titanium)
Originally Posted by Michael Ad
Why did you originally move from Fi to T-Mobile?
I got an Apple Watch LTE that I wanted to use the LTE function on. Which is not supported by FI. Shortly after that T-mo announced Global Plus.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 7:12 pm

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
I wonder if there is an option for data only (no calling) when overseas? I am overseas 95% of the year, but only use data.
I've been using ais sim2fly for my asia trips, pretty happy with the service
it's refillable online as well

asia countries: 4GB/8days, $10 or $2.5/GB (22 mostly east asian countries plus Australia)

global countries: 15GB/1year, $88 or $6/GB (72 countries/cities)

SIM2FLY the best-value roaming SIM for everyone!

comparable with google fi (per month, $20 + $60 to get up to 15GB)

Last edited by paperwastage; Apr 11, 2019 at 7:22 pm
Old Apr 14, 2019, 2:39 am

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Originally Posted by paperwastage
I've been using ais sim2fly for my asia trips, pretty happy with the service
it's refillable online as well

asia countries: 4GB/8days, $10 or $2.5/GB (22 mostly east asian countries plus Australia)

global countries: 15GB/1year, $88 or $6/GB (72 countries/cities)

SIM2FLY the best-value roaming SIM for everyone!

comparable with google fi (per month, $20 + $60 to get up to 15GB)
unfortunately not too useful if you don't read thai the link to the plans is in Thai with no option to switch to English, but the drop down menu for accessing (my non existant account) are in English? Google doesn't offer the translate option on the url bar, not sure why.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 4:28 am

Originally Posted by estnet
unfortunately not too useful if you don't read thai the link to the plans is in Thai with no option to switch to English, but the drop down menu for accessing (my non existant account) are in English? Google doesn't offer the translate option on the url bar, not sure why.
Got the initial sim from Amazon, topping up via mobiletoup.com(5% surcharge,some cards are picky with the visa 3d verification)

If you have line pay, u can try reloading directly with ais (doesn't work with USA line accounts)

Using their iOS/Android app to track usage (in English)

https://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Aflyertalk.com+ais+sim2fly&oq=site% 3Aflyertalk.com+ais+sim2fly

Last edited by paperwastage; Apr 14, 2019 at 4:35 am
Old Apr 14, 2019, 4:40 am

Originally Posted by estnet
Got the initial sim from Amazon, topping up via mobiletoup.com{5% surcharge,some cards like chase have issues with Visa 3d verification)

If you have line pay, you can topup directly with ais (doesn't work with USA line accounts)

Using their iOS/Android app to track usage (in English). There's an esim version too

https://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Aflyertalk.com+ais+sim2fly&oq=site% 3Aflyertalk.com+ais+sim2fly
Old Jun 11, 2019, 12:44 pm

TMobile now offer these intl passes

$5 1 day 500MB
$35 10 days 5GB
$50 30 days 15GB
(No mention about tethering though)
​​​​​​
dont have to signup for the monthly global plus plan (which gives you 15GB intl data for $50 but also 5GB intl tethering)

​​​
Old Jun 26, 2019, 9:57 am

Programs: IHG Spire, National Exec, AA Plat
Has anyone used the high speed options in China? I saw a post on Reddit that mentioned staying on the cell network keeps you outside of the firewall, but then one person said they had the high speed package and were getting hit by the great firewall. The theory was that perhaps adding the high speed package keeps your data local instead of routing back to the USA.

Looking for anyone with experience using the high speed options in China.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 10:05 pm

Originally Posted by bchandler02
Has anyone used the high speed options in China? I saw a post on Reddit that mentioned staying on the cell network keeps you outside of the firewall, but then one person said they had the high speed package and were getting hit by the great firewall. The theory was that perhaps adding the high speed package keeps your data local instead of routing back to the USA.

Looking for anyone with experience using the high speed options in China.
No worries. Using a foreign network service will never have issues because traffic is always routed through TMO servers. That person who said otherwise is just clueless or may have been on a hotel network WiFi unknowingly.
LordHamster and bchandler02 like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.