Reload this Page >

ASUS ZenBook - No Battery Detected

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2018, 4:32 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: oneword Emerald

My daughter has an ASUS ZenBook 3 Deluxe UX490UA. It has a non-removable battery.

All of a sudden, the computer will not turn on unless it is plugged in. Once it is on, it will run normally on battery power, however, the notification panel displays a "No battery detected" error message. Right clicking on the blank battery icon and going into the Power Options window does not display any power options. Obviously, the computer does not recognize the battery even though it is powering it.

Googling the issue brings mostly solutions that involve removing the battery - a non started for me - or complicated solutions that are way over my head.

I suggested that she restore the computer to an earlier point of time and if that doesn't fix the problem perform a reset. I'm still waiting to hear back form her, but I'm not optimistic.

I suppose that the next step is performing a BIOS reset (if I can figure out how to access it).

Any other suggestions?

Thanks.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 10:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
Offhand, it sounds like either an issue with the cable connecting the battery to the motherboard (e.g. one or two data wires broken somehow but not the power/ground wires) or an issue with the battery controller itself. Unfortunately I'm not sure there's really a way to fix those other than opening the laptop, which it sounds like you don't want to do.

As for BIOS, I find that holding down F2 or Delete on boot is the standard on PCs but of course it's possible ASUS is using a different key for this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.