Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Technology
Reload this Page >

app cloud downloaded to my phone with NO action from me

Old Oct 5, 18, 9:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA plat, spg plat, aa plat, marriott plat

Turned on my phone. Among notices was one that app cloud was installed!
Apparently this is a poorly rated app in the google store (which I found out from a google search). How could some random program just install itself on my phone?
Old Oct 5, 18, 11:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT PLT, AA LT PLT, HH GLD, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
That awesome Android security?

No one else has access to your phone? Any shared accounts/ID's?
Old Oct 5, 18, 11:08 pm
Original Poster

Nope and nope- in my possession always. Wasn't even out of my house in the time between last use and this notice appearing.
Old Oct 7, 18, 3:24 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by estnet View Post
Turned on my phone. Among notices was one that app cloud was installed!
Apparently this is a poorly rated app in the google store (which I found out from a google search). How could some random program just install itself on my phone?
What sort of phone? Make / model? It could be your network provider had pushed it down onto the phone, or the phone manufacturer.
Old Oct 7, 18, 4:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DYKWIA View Post
What sort of phone? Make / model? It could be your network provider had pushed it down onto the phone, or the phone manufacturer.
It's a samsung 8+, sprint. Why in the world would ONE app suddenly be downloaded (and installed) without any permission from me? I even have to approve updates. I guess no one else has experienced this since I can't find other reports - may have to remain a mystery.
Old Oct 7, 18, 6:39 pm

Did you accidentally leave yourself logged into google services on another computer which others can access? Users can install apps remotely via Google Play website and the app install will be pushed to the phone when it connects to the network (cellular + wifi or wifi only depending on settings). Check your Recently Used Devices https://support.google.com/accounts/...920081636&rd=1
Old Oct 7, 18, 8:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by freecia View Post
Did you accidentally leave yourself logged into google services on another computer which others can access? Users can install apps remotely via Google Play website and the app install will be pushed to the phone when it connects to the network (cellular + wifi or wifi only depending on settings). Check your Recently Used Devices https://support.google.com/accounts/...920081636&rd=1
Wow thank you - but all the devices are ones I know and no one else has access
Anyway, no I'm not logged into google services AFAIK - but none of my laptops or phone has been out of my control . I almost never use google play .

Search this Thread