Community
Wiki Posts
Search

eSIM

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2018, 8:37 am

Programs: UA gold, Hyatt Plat Marriott silver,Hilton Gold, PC Plat., SPG Gold.,Hertz Gold, Global Entry
Let's say you live in England. You have 3 as your mobile carrier. 3 sells iPhone XS & Xmax but don't use the esim. How is that going to work? Will, they adapt to the esim or just use the sim card?
What numbers are you going to put on your esim? Your sim card works all over Europe so no advantage there. I travel to the Middle East frequently. I saw no carriers there use the esim. Just wondering how this is going to work out.
Old Sep 28, 2018, 8:53 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by powerlifter
Let's say you live in England. You have 3 as your mobile carrier. 3 sells iPhone XS & Xmax but don't use the esim. How is that going to work? Will, they adapt to the esim or just use the sim card?
What numbers are you going to put on your esim? Your sim card works all over Europe so no advantage there. I travel to the Middle East frequently. I saw no carriers there use the esim. Just wondering how this is going to work out.
If your carrier doesn't support eSIM, then you will have to use the physical SIM. It's up to the carrier to move over to eSIM or not. The eSIM number will be empty until you add a carrier that supports it. So the advantage only exists if one carrier supports eSIM.
Old Sep 28, 2018, 5:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by vh_bu98
If your carrier doesn't support eSIM, then you will have to use the physical SIM. It's up to the carrier to move over to eSIM or not. The eSIM number will be empty until you add a carrier that supports it. So the advantage only exists if one carrier supports eSIM.
That's too bad. I was kinda hoping there'd be a way to convert your IMEI or something into a QR code and just do it without them knowing. But I guess it's a somewhat different technology.
Old Sep 28, 2018, 10:04 pm

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
Originally Posted by josephstern
That's too bad. I was kinda hoping there'd be a way to convert your IMEI or something into a QR code and just do it without them knowing. But I guess it's a somewhat different technology.
If it was that easy that would make the "bad old days" of cell phone cloning look like a walk in the park

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.