Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Technology
Reload this Page >

Unlimited In-Flight WiFi on 36 International Airlines for €10/mo ($11/mo)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 20, 2019, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Virazuno
Airlines roster for In-Flight WiFi via iPass
=====
Reported to work
JL - Oct 2018 ("roaming partner" login page available)
BR- Oct 2018 ("roaming partner" login page available)
AA* - Jan 2019 (*Panasonic and Gogo equiped planes, "roaming partner" login page available)
OS - Nov 2018 (Austrian, "roaming partner" login page available)
LH - Nov 2018 (Lufthansa, "roaming partner" login page available)
LX - Nov 2018 (Swiss, "roaming partner" login page available)
JU - Mar 2019 (select first whatever plan, and at payment page select "roaming partner" )
SQ - Feb 2019 (A350; “roaming partner” login page available)
EY - July 2019 ("roaming partner" login page available)
EVA 787 - September 2019.
VS - Sept 2017 ("roaming partner" login page available)

=====
Reported NOT to work
TG - Thai A350, Mar 2019 (no "roaming partner" login page)
UA - Jan 2019 (no "roaming partner" login page)
NH - Jan 2019 (no "roaming partner" login page)
AA** - Jan 2019 (**Viasat equiped planes)
CX* - Jan 2019 (*GoGo 2Ku equiped 777 planes, no "roaming partner" login page)
CX** - Jan 2019 (**Panasonic equiped A350 planes, no "roaming partner" login page)
VA- Feb 2019 (Virgin Australia, no "roaming partner" login page)
OZ - Nov 2018 (Asiana A350)
HX- Oct 2018 (Hong Kong Airlines, no "roaming partner" login page)
QR- Oct 2018 (no "roaming partner" login page)
QR- July 2018 (still no login page)
​​​DL

=====
Print Wikipost

Unlimited In-Flight WiFi on 36 International Airlines for €10/mo ($11/mo)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2018, 12:33 pm

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by sillypainter
Any idea if it works on Swiss? They have metered plans only, no unlimited plans.
Works fine...
Old Oct 21, 2018, 1:22 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by bocastephen
2. this system does NOT work on many Singapore Airlines aircraft despite what the website claims - any of the SQ wifi systems that sells timed/metered access (most, if not all A380s and many others) will not work
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
Originally Posted by sillypainter
Any idea if it works on Swiss? They have metered plans only, no unlimited plans.
Works fine...
Any data points / thoughts on whether it is the metering or something else that makes it not work on SQ? I don't fly SQ, but NH also is metered.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 1:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by gengar
Any data points / thoughts on whether it is the metering or something else that makes it not work on SQ? I don't fly SQ, but NH also is metered.
On my SQ flight there simply was no login page for roaming partners nor did iPass pick up the WIFi signal as something it could connect to. The only options on the inflight wifi site were paid packages.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 2:37 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by Dubai Stu
I signed up. It doesn't work with Delta but goes three quarters of the way through the sign on process before erring out. I've successfully logged onto Time Warner, Comcast, and Swisscomm hotspots. Air Azerbajan will have them soon, but not yet.
One FTer has reported to me personally that they were able to use it on DL...works on LH and LX for me so far...

(Not United - even though the this post states it does!: https://www.ipass.com/blog/what-you-...nflight-wi-fi/ )
Old Oct 22, 2018, 8:25 am

Programs: UA 2MM
I can't seem to find what the charge is for lounge access. The site has a list of lounges and says access is "discounted" but I don't see the charge.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 11:56 pm

I Is this dead? Cannot find it on the app anymore.

Nevermind - restarted app and found it!

Last edited by olouie; Oct 23, 2018 at 12:21 am
Old Oct 23, 2018, 4:49 am

I signed up today ~ same price as others for 3 months, expires in January. Downloaded the app onto my laptop and activated iPass. (I think that is a key part that some people miss before their flights.) If it is like iPass from before, the device you 'activate' it on is the one device you can use it on.

I have flights on MH/QR/AA coming next week. It will be a good test.

If it works, it will be great to stay connected at that price.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 5:31 am

(Not United - even though the this post states it does!: https://www.ipass.com/blog/what-you-...nflight-wi-fi/ )
I would be interested to see if United did work for anyone!

Chime in here if you were successful...
Old Oct 23, 2018, 10:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I would be interested to see if United did work for anyone!

Chime in here if you were successful...
I don't see how it could work on United, or any airline that does not have a roaming partner login that includes iPass. United only has pay-to-access or logins for its own pass holders, no roaming partners.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 12:05 pm

Anyone know if this is only good for a single device? Or can you activate on multiple devices?
Old Oct 23, 2018, 12:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by olouie
Anyone know if this is only good for a single device? Or can you activate on multiple devices?
Or can you use a travel router, like the Hootoo, to rebroadcast on one account? I can get it to work on Gogo, but I haven't had good experience doing it with Viasat.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 1:08 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, EK Gold, CX Silver
You can write to iPass customer service, with your subscription iD, and they will give you a username/password you can use on a laptop. (Or you can tether). But you must disconnect one device before using the other.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by sabbasolo
You can write to iPass customer service, with your subscription iD, and they will give you a username/password you can use on a laptop. (Or you can tether). But you must disconnect one device before using the other.
Is it the same as the email / password they send you upon sign up?
Old Oct 25, 2018, 3:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, EK Gold, CX Silver
I didn't receive it until I asked - perhaps they now send it automatically - yes - the username is your special email address
Old Oct 26, 2018, 8:58 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Does this work on Japan Airlines international flights?
and, does anyone have a how-to for connecting inflight from the activated app?
To answer my own questions, I am typing this from 34000 feet on Japan Airlines flight out of Jakarta to Tokyo. Decent speeds both upload and download.

steps:
1. Make a note of the email address that ends in "@airlinecheckins.com" and the password sent upon payment of the plus/premium package.
2. Find the JAL wifi on your phone/notebook

3. Open a browser and attempt to access any site. You’ll be redirected to the jal WiFi portal page. Click on Log in and go past the captcha.
4. At the Telekom website, scroll down to “roaming”, and click on it.

5. You’ll see iPass listed, so click on it.

6. Login using the email that ends in "@airlinecheckins.com" and password you have noted down in step 1.

7. You’ll be connected. Enjoy surfing!

the end

Last edited by Tokyoite; Oct 27, 2018 at 8:42 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.