Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Technology
Reload this Page >

Unlimited In-Flight WiFi on 36 International Airlines for €10/mo ($11/mo)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 20, 2019, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Virazuno
Airlines roster for In-Flight WiFi via iPass
=====
Reported to work
JL - Oct 2018 ("roaming partner" login page available)
BR- Oct 2018 ("roaming partner" login page available)
AA* - Jan 2019 (*Panasonic and Gogo equiped planes, "roaming partner" login page available)
OS - Nov 2018 (Austrian, "roaming partner" login page available)
LH - Nov 2018 (Lufthansa, "roaming partner" login page available)
LX - Nov 2018 (Swiss, "roaming partner" login page available)
JU - Mar 2019 (select first whatever plan, and at payment page select "roaming partner" )
SQ - Feb 2019 (A350; “roaming partner” login page available)
EY - July 2019 ("roaming partner" login page available)
EVA 787 - September 2019.
VS - Sept 2017 ("roaming partner" login page available)

=====
Reported NOT to work
TG - Thai A350, Mar 2019 (no "roaming partner" login page)
UA - Jan 2019 (no "roaming partner" login page)
NH - Jan 2019 (no "roaming partner" login page)
AA** - Jan 2019 (**Viasat equiped planes)
CX* - Jan 2019 (*GoGo 2Ku equiped 777 planes, no "roaming partner" login page)
CX** - Jan 2019 (**Panasonic equiped A350 planes, no "roaming partner" login page)
VA- Feb 2019 (Virgin Australia, no "roaming partner" login page)
OZ - Nov 2018 (Asiana A350)
HX- Oct 2018 (Hong Kong Airlines, no "roaming partner" login page)
QR- Oct 2018 (no "roaming partner" login page)
QR- July 2018 (still no login page)
​​​DL

=====
Print Wikipost

Unlimited In-Flight WiFi on 36 International Airlines for €10/mo ($11/mo)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2018, 6:37 am

So for those keeping score at home, reports from actual people that have tried this on their flights (this thread only)...

YES - JL, LH, LX, SQ (some)
NO - AA, DL, AS, HK, BR, UA, QR

Please keep the reports coming!
BTA likes this.
Old Nov 1, 2018, 5:48 am

Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008

Make sure it’s Cathay A350, I think thats the only aircraft with WiFi. Was going to fly J HKG - East Coast USA now I’ll definitely be choosing IAD.
when i flew cx a350 earlier this year their wifi did not have an ipass option
Old Nov 1, 2018, 11:25 am

American Airlines DFW-NRT

I can confirm that using this method of access via iPass through the web browser (not the app) works on American Airlines 61, DFW-NRT. It's a bit of a mixed bag when it comes to WiFi working or not with this on American Airlines since they have three different providers currently, Panasonic, ViaSat and GoGo.
BTA likes this.
Old Nov 1, 2018, 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by Ookami
I can confirm that using this method of access via iPass through the web browser (not the app) works on American Airlines 61, DFW-NRT. It's a bit of a mixed bag when it comes to WiFi working or not with this on American Airlines since they have three different providers currently, Panasonic, ViaSat and GoGo.
Thanks for the report. Updated to read...

YES - JL, LH, LX, SQ (some), AA (some)
NO - DL, AS, HK, BR, UA, QR, SQ (some), AA (some)
Old Nov 2, 2018, 9:31 pm

Programs: BA Gold, KL Gold, LH FTL, IHG Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Accor Gold, Hertz PC
QR not working - tried on 777-QSuites where they say they have “super wifi” and on A380. In both cases I could only choose between complimentary 30 mins and paid 1hr/3hrs/full flight but but there was no any option to log in via any “roaming partner”.... will try on 330 in few hours and on 787 next week - I will let you know but I don’t have high expectations.....
Old Nov 3, 2018, 5:24 am

Originally Posted by Thomas PL
QR not working - tried on 777-QSuites where they say they have “super wifi” and on A380. In both cases I could only choose between complimentary 30 mins and paid 1hr/3hrs/full flight but but there was no any option to log in via any “roaming partner”.... will try on 330 in few hours and on 787 next week - I will let you know but I don’t have high expectations.....
Correct - 100% does not work on QR 787's or QR A350's.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 9:22 am

Programs: UA
Worked beautifully for me on AA international. Used recently on LAX-LHR, MIA-MAD, ORD-CDG. Haven’t tried AA domestic yet.

I used only on my iPhone, and there’s actually an iPass app you can autoconfigure while on the ground. I was also at a public place and it found a hotspot I could use as well! I’ll plan to use the Mac app to configure for my laptop.

A little finicky- I would connect to WiFi, then connect to a “known” working website such as aa.com, then open the iPass app and click “connect”.

There seems to be a 4GB cap on the app? But you can change the cap as well with an option in the app? Anyone know about this? I don’t think this limits the use but is mainly for your own reference...
Old Nov 4, 2018, 9:50 am

Programs: IB , BA , AA , LATAM
Anybody had succes with Iberia yet?
Old Nov 4, 2018, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by DoctorORD
Worked beautifully for me on AA international. Used recently on LAX-LHR, MIA-MAD, ORD-CDG. Haven’t tried AA domestic yet.

I used only on my iPhone, and there’s actually an iPass app you can autoconfigure while on the ground. I was also at a public place and it found a hotspot I could use as well! I’ll plan to use the Mac app to configure for my laptop.

A little finicky- I would connect to WiFi, then connect to a “known” working website such as aa.com, then open the iPass app and click “connect”.

There seems to be a 4GB cap on the app? But you can change the cap as well with an option in the app? Anyone know about this? I don’t think this limits the use but is mainly for your own reference...
It's not a cap. It's just an option you can set for your own convenience, such as when using cellular data that is limited each billing period.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 4:54 pm

Thanks. Works on AA gogo! DCA-MIA.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 5:58 pm

Strange. Did not work for me. Someone else specifically reached out to iPass and was told does not work on AA gogo.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 8:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Did you auto-login with the app and captcha, or using credentials through the web portal?
BTA likes this.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by ESpen36
Did you auto-login with the app and captcha, or using credentials through the web portal?
Credentials on laptop. App on phone. Didn’t try to use both at same time. Have saved so much money with this!
ESpen36 likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 1:26 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, EK Gold, CX Silver
Smile

Failed for me this week on SQ A350 - app didn't recognize the wifi spot, and credentials had no ipass option. (2 weeks ago SQ a350 worked)
Then failed again on SQ A380 - ipass option on portal, but credentials failed with LDAP credentials invalid option.
So I slept a bit more
Old Nov 8, 2018, 4:52 am

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
Didn’t work on NH 787.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.