Wiki Posts
Search

Beats EP headphones

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2018, 6:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Beats EP headphones

I just received these in the mail as Apple sent them to me as “an appeasement” due to terrible customer service I had experienced from AppleCare.

Anyway, it came with a sticker of its logo in the same red color as the headphones. For those of you who have these headphones, what do I do with it? Not sure why they sent it.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 7:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The kids who are Beats' target market like putting stickers of cool companies' logos on their laptops and other accessories. Just like when I was a kid, we put scratch and sniff stickers on our three ring binders at school.
Kgmm77 likes this.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 3:51 pm
Original Poster

I remember those scratch and sniff stickers! LOL. Too funny!!!

Thanks for the heads up. I've never had expensive headphones and it does make me laugh that $129 headphones (or whatever they are on Amazon) are deemed "starter headphones". REALLY?

They're a bit heavy but hopefully I'll get used to them. The cord is flat and I can't imagine the cord lasting more than 1-2 years like the cords on my ~$15-$25 over the ear Sony and Panasonic headphones. So I really wonder why anyone would spend over $100 on headphones with cords that look interchangeable with much cheaper models.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 5:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: vx diamond
What issue did you have for AppleCare?
Old Aug 4, 2018, 4:54 am
Original Poster

Problems with my email. When I had updated to the latest version of High Sierra, my email settings including the server were blanked out.

I contacted AppleCare, explained the problem and the agent kept me on hold after that for 11 minutes. She said she had to seek consultation and told me we had to delate my mailboxes and reload them. I asked her about the mail folders. She put me on hold for another 6 minutes. She came back and said that 'maybe' the folders will remain.

I said that I needed to know what would happen to my folders and she said she would put me on hold for a supervisor. After about 7 minutes, the call got disconnected.

I called back and asked to speak with Supv. The agent wanted me to go over all that happened first. He then gave me a case # for my records. That was helpful. He said he too was unsure about what would happen to the folders and put me on hold to find out. Another 5-6 minutes, he came back and said "maybe". How does anyone not know?? He then transferred me to a supervisor (4 minutes on hold) whose expertise was the iPhone and felt terrible that I had been put on hold only to speak to someone who could not help me. He said he would transfer me to a supervisor whose expertise was the Mac. I waited on hold for over 10 minutes. The call was again disconnected.

I called back and gave the case # to the agent who took the call and asked to speak with someone whose area of knowledge was the Mac and resolving email problems. He transferred me to Cody. Cody is a supervisor who couldn't believe the hassle I had endured just to fix what he called a simple email problem. There was no need to delete my email accounts from Mail and reinstall them. He fixed the problem in a few minutes. He said any agent should have done this as it was easily fixable.

He then said he wanted to offer me an "appeasement" for the hassles I had gone through and invited me to pick out any one item I wanted for under $170 from the Apple Store. I never asked for anything; he offered! He said that my experience was so unprofessional that he wanted to find a way to make it better. Really nice guy. He recommended the AirPods but I had no interest in them. So I picked the headphones. He then said that he needed to get the approval to ship them at no cost to me and he did the following day.

I received them 2 days after that. That was unexpected and a very nice thing to do.
Old Aug 4, 2018, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

THat's a good customer service story!

Keep a record of the correct mail settings for your provider (it should be on their website anyway).
Old Aug 5, 2018, 9:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gfunkdave
THat's a good customer service story!
It really is a good customer service story — at least how it ended!

Keep a record of the correct mail settings for your provider (it should be on their website anyway).
That's a good idea. Dumb question but where exactly would I find that info?
Old Aug 5, 2018, 6:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Who's your email provider? Usually just searching "<provider> <mail client> settings" will get what you need.
Old Aug 5, 2018, 7:12 pm
Original Poster

I have 2 gmail accounts for my personal email so when I click on mail in the dock, those are the two accounts.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 2:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Analise likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 12:50 pm

Programs: SkyTean, Star Alliance, HHonors
Originally Posted by Analise
They're a bit heavy but hopefully I'll get used to them. The cord is flat and I can't imagine the cord lasting more than 1-2 years like the cords on my ~$15-$25 over the ear Sony and Panasonic headphones. So I really wonder why anyone would spend over $100 on headphones with cords that look interchangeable with much cheaper models.
Because Dr. Dre says they're cool and they have good marketing.
gfunkdave likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 4:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by smc333
Because Dr. Dre says they're cool and they have good marketing.
I have zero interest in rap. That said, I hope I do have a big interest in these headphones lasting longer that a stick a Trident sugar-free wintergreen gum.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.