Wiki Posts
Search

Please recommened me noise cancelling headphones for sub $200 - £150

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2018, 2:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC: Silver. Nothing else as TopCashBack trumps all hotel programs
Please recommened me noise cancelling headphones for sub $200 - £150

Wouldn't even know where to start researching these. So thought I would ask the experts. Wireless would be nice (if that is advised) and battery that will last say 11 hours
Old May 15, 2018, 7:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Do you want wired or Bluetooth? Use for phone calls too or just music? Over the ear or earbuds?

Bose QC25 are wired over the ear and $169 on Amazon. http://a.co/dVk0Mv1
Old May 15, 2018, 7:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC: Silver. Nothing else as TopCashBack trumps all hotel programs
Originally Posted by gfunkdave
Do you want wired or Bluetooth? Use for phone calls too or just music? Over the ear or earbuds?

Bose QC25 are wired over the ear and $169 on Amazon. http://a.co/dVk0Mv1
They look great. Is there a wireless version and would it work with IFE?
Old May 15, 2018, 9:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cupsandsaucers
They look great. Is there a wireless version and would it work with IFE?
The wireless model is the QC35, which is $350. They come with a wired adapter you can use for IFE.
Old May 15, 2018, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
Personally I much prefer the in-ear buds by Bose - QC20s can be obtained for $250, so only a little over-budget - perhaps less if you benefit from a special.
Old May 15, 2018, 3:09 pm

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
You could also look at Samsung Level On - not as good as Bose or Sony options, but much cheaper.
For IFE, you'd either need a wired option or a bluetooth adapter, although you may experience some lag (which makes it look like dubbing is off).
Old May 16, 2018, 5:52 am

Programs: kelee campus
I use Samsung level U pro ANC. They are good. Give it a try.
Old May 16, 2018, 7:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Another option would be Audio Technica ATH-ANC9, which are usually $199 and on sale on Amazon now for $120.
Old May 18, 2018, 4:28 am
oot

I bought a pair of LEOPHILE ZERO bluetooh noise cancelling headphones from Amazon as a cheapish trial. The noise cancelling is pretty good, although sound quality is average.
However, that made them perfect for watching movies on planes (they come with a 3.5mm cable you can run as standard wired headphones), or listening to spotify offline.
I also own Bose QC20 buds and Sennheiser PXC550 over-ears. obviously these sound nicer and have somewhat better (different?) noise cancelling profiles, but for £65, the leophiles are pretty great.

sorry can't link it because haven't got the posts (long time lurker, but don't post!) to link a URL - search amazon for LEOPHILE ZERO you should find them
Old May 19, 2018, 1:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K
I used to be you... desperately wanting noise cancelling, didn't want to spend the money on Bose.

Tried the AudioTechnica's referenced above. They were miserable. Tried different combinations.

Ended up saving my money and getting Bose and not regretting it. I'm not an audiophile... I know the snobs lift their nose at Bose for noise quality... I don't care. NOTHING beats Bose - especially the QC20's - when it comes to noise cancelling and portability.

You won't regret spending the money.
Old May 22, 2018, 1:29 pm

I got ahold of MPow H5 for $55 on Amazon and it has wireless Bluetooth as well as a 3.5mm plug that can work for the airline IFE. The battery lasts for 18 hours and it takes 2 hours to charge via the included mini USB cable. You can also operate it if the battery dies too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.