Search

iPad or large phone holder for flights?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2018, 12:03 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
iPad or large phone holder for flights?

Anyone found a good solution for recent devices and airline seats?

I've seen hooks for the tray table when it's up but also curious about something for use in premium cabin seats. Of course those pods are nonstandard so there may be no way to hang a device from in front of you unless you place it over the IFE screen somehow.
Old Apr 6, 2018, 1:24 pm

Programs: UA-GS 1MM), Hertz Pres Circle, Starriott Titanium)
Originally Posted by wco81
Anyone found a good solution for recent devices and airline seats?

I've seen hooks for the tray table when it's up but also curious about something for use in premium cabin seats. Of course those pods are nonstandard so there may be no way to hang a device from in front of you unless you place it over the IFE screen somehow.
I use an iPad Pro and just use the standard keyboard case on my lap prior to take off, then put it on the tray table after take off. Works great in First & Coach.
Old Apr 6, 2018, 3:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
I've seen people insert the folding flap of tablets into the literature pockets behind headrests to "hang" the tablet, but this only works if the literature pocket is built in the headrest of the seat.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 3:54 am

Guy next to me on the plane used "AirClips"
Amazon Amazon
he raved about them
Old Apr 7, 2018, 10:07 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Yeah I guess it's going to be easier to have a solution that works on most coach seats than premium cabin pods, since there seems to be more variation in the latter.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 1:30 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum. AA and UA as well, but I don't care about them anymore.
I picked one of these up from kickstarter: Airhook

It's an interesting approach, it gives you a place to set a tablet or smartphone, plus will hold the standard airline plastic drink cup, and there's a plastic hook that you can hang something light weight from if you need to (like a charging cable, or coiled earphone cable, etc).

What I've found, and what I suspect also applies to similar things is that they won't get used. I've used mine maybe twice, after that I stopped carrying it because it was "yet another thing to keep up with" that took up space in my carry on. In the end I very rarely ever used it, and almost always now just use the tray table to stand my iPad Air on.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 2:14 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

I'd pay $5 maybe $10 for that.

But yeah, unless it folds down very compact for packing, not worth it.

I guess for premium cabin pods, the IFE is suppose to be so good that you wouldn't want to use your iPad or phone.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 2:24 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum. AA and UA as well, but I don't care about them anymore.
Originally Posted by wco81
I'd pay $5 maybe $10 for that.

But yeah, unless it folds down very compact for packing, not worth it.

I guess for premium cabin pods, the IFE is suppose to be so good that you wouldn't want to use your iPad or phone.
I have a bad habit, sometimes, of sitting down with a few fingers of whisky and surfing Kickstarter... :/
Old Sep 11, 2018, 1:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by LordHamster
I use an iPad Pro and just use the standard keyboard case on my lap prior to take off, then put it on the tray table after take off. Works great in First & Coach.
Sorry for the late reply, I do the same thing for my 12.9” iPad Pro but use the Logitech “Slim Combo” keyboard. It has an adjustable kickstand which works in virtually every sitting position whether it is on my lap or on plane’s the tray table.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 7:37 am

If it's an Ipad mini or similar sized tablet, I've used a gallon ziploc bag. It looks dumb but it works, takes up no space, and retains the ability to touch.

It's not my first choice but I've done when I needed the lap space or I wanted to put the tablet in front (but out of reach) of my toddler.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.