Wiki Posts
Search

All-in-One Charger for Apple Products

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2018, 9:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage, HHonors
All-in-One Charger for Apple Products

As I (somehow) continue to accumulate Apple products, I'm finding myself lugging around not only the device but all the separate chargers. I've looked around but haven't found anything that quite meets what I want:

1. Charge an iPhone 8 (Qi wireless charging or lightning cable)
2. Charge an iPhone 6S (lightning cable/USB)
3. Charge an Apple Watch (proprietary charger/Qi compatible maybe?)
4. Charge an iPad (lightning cable/USB)
5. Doesn't have a bright light that will keep me awake in a hotel room
6. Connects to the wall with a single AC power cable, 2 prong (not 3)
7. Can easily fit in my carry on suitecase

Any suggestions for a charger? I'm interested in the upcoming Apple AirPower but I suspect it will be way to expensive and I don't think it will support additional USB inputs for non wireless charging devices.

Right now, I'm thinking one of these might be my only option (search on Amazon as I'm not allowed to post links yet:

2-Outlet Desktop Surge Protector Power Strip with 4 USB Charging Ports (5V/6.8A)-Smart Fast Travel Multi USB Charger Hub for iPhone, iPad, Smart phone, Tablet and More devices-6 Ft Cord

or

UPWADE Portable Universal 100V-240V 2 Outlets Surge Protector Travel Power Strip with 4 Smart USB Charger Ports (Max 5V 4.2A) 1200W and 5ft Long Extension Cord Multi-Port Wall Charger Station-Black
Old Feb 1, 2018, 6:56 am

Originally Posted by TXTBOOK
As I (somehow) continue to accumulate Apple products, I'm finding myself lugging around not only the device but all the separate chargers. I've looked around but haven't found anything that quite meets what I want:

1. Charge an iPhone 8 (Qi wireless charging or lightning cable)
2. Charge an iPhone 6S (lightning cable/USB)
3. Charge an Apple Watch (proprietary charger/Qi compatible maybe?)
4. Charge an iPad (lightning cable/USB)
5. Doesn't have a bright light that will keep me awake in a hotel room
6. Connects to the wall with a single AC power cable, 2 prong (not 3)
7. Can easily fit in my carry on suitecase

Any suggestions for a charger? I'm interested in the upcoming Apple AirPower but I suspect it will be way to expensive and I don't think it will support additional USB inputs for non wireless charging devices.

Right now, I'm thinking one of these might be my only option (search on Amazon as I'm not allowed to post links yet:

2-Outlet Desktop Surge Protector Power Strip with 4 USB Charging Ports (5V/6.8A)-Smart Fast Travel Multi USB Charger Hub for iPhone, iPad, Smart phone, Tablet and More devices-6 Ft Cord

or

UPWADE Portable Universal 100V-240V 2 Outlets Surge Protector Travel Power Strip with 4 Smart USB Charger Ports (Max 5V 4.2A) 1200W and 5ft Long Extension Cord Multi-Port Wall Charger Station-Black
I use the "Anker 60W 6-Port USB Wall Charger, PowerPort 6 for iPhone X/ 8/ 7 / 6s / Plus, iPad Pro / Air 2 / mini/ iPod, Galaxy S7 / S6 / Edge / Plus, Note 5 / 4, LG, Nexus, HTC and More".
Amazon Amazon

Stupid long description, but super useful too. It's about the size of 2 decks of cards side-by-side, has a single two-prong AC cord, and six fast charge USB ports. I carry one in my suitcase and use it every night to charge 2 Galaxy phones, an iPad, a smart watch, a GPS running watch, and a bluetooth headset. I still need to carry cords for everything, but getting rid of the various wall warts is worth it to me.

I like it so much I bought a 2nd one for the house. I used velcro to stick it to the side of the nightstand and use it for phones and iPads for the wife (and me, when I am home).
Old Feb 1, 2018, 7:25 am
Original Poster

That might be exactly what I’m looking for. Thanks!!!
Old Feb 1, 2018, 7:47 am

Programs: LT Plt, 4mm, *A GLD, burned out medical provider, executing our estate plan
[QUOTE=TXTBOOK;29366296]That might be exactly what I’m looking for. Thanks!!!That is the travel charger I use too. Iphone 6, ipad mini, LG V20, Moto x4, external battery.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 7:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I use the four port version when I travel. Like the six port one, it produces 2A per port.

http://a.co/dtvE4vd

Two prong plug folds into the body of the device for storage. There is no cord.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 9:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gfunkdave
I use the four port version when I travel. Like the six port one, it produces 2A per port.

Two prong plug folds into the body of the device for storage. There is no cord.
certainly more compact. The only issue is sometimes hotel ac outlets are at an awkward position, especially when they are at the base of a lamp. Sometimes you can’t plug in the bigger adapters to it unless you move the lamp (ac outlet) to the edge of the table.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 9:36 am

Programs: UA-GS 1MM), Hertz Pres Circle, Starriott Titanium)
They also make versions of these multiport chargers with USB-C PD... that would allow you to fast charge your iPhone 8 or X or iPad Pro. While these things are about the size of a full size apple charging brick for laptops, when compared to schlepping 6 different chargers the are very efficient.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

certainly more compact. The only issue is sometimes hotel ac outlets are at an awkward position, especially when they are at the base of a lamp. Sometimes you can’t plug in the bigger adapters to it unless you move the lamp (ac outlet) to the edge of the table.
Yeah, good point, though I've never run into that problem with it.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 10:20 am

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by Qwkynuf
I use the "Anker 60W 6-Port USB Wall Charger, PowerPort 6 for iPhone X/ 8/ 7 / 6s / Plus, iPad Pro / Air 2 / mini/ iPod, Galaxy S7 / S6 / Edge / Plus, Note 5 / 4, LG, Nexus, HTC and More".
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Stupid long description, but super useful too. It's about the size of 2 decks of cards side-by-side, has a single two-prong AC cord, and six fast charge USB ports. I carry one in my suitcase and use it every night to charge 2 Galaxy phones, an iPad, a smart watch, a GPS running watch, and a bluetooth headset. I still need to carry cords for everything, but getting rid of the various wall warts is worth it to me.
]
I like it so much I bought a 2nd one for the house. I used velcro to stick it to the side of the nightstand and use it for phones and iPads for the wife (and me, when I am home).
I have the same one amd like you, bought a second for home use. It is great. There is a whole thread on this question and that is where I found the Anker. I’ll see if I can find it.

This is the new version which has a USB-C.
Amazon Amazon

Edit: Well that was easy. 2017: USB Travel Chargers and Power Supplies Thread

And it’s predecessor:
I have found the ultimate charger solution!

Last edited by Finkface; Feb 1, 2018 at 10:28 am
Old Feb 1, 2018, 11:48 am

+1 for Anker products. I have several that I use at home and travel. You wrote connects to the wall with a power cable but I prefer the single wall wart model as it eliminates another length of cord.
Amazon Amazon
Old Feb 1, 2018, 6:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

And Anker also makes a 10 port one too
Old Feb 5, 2018, 9:46 am

The only issue is sometimes hotel ac outlets are at an awkward position, especially when they are at the base of a lamp. Sometimes you can’t plug in the bigger adapters to it unless you move the lamp (ac outlet) to the edge of the table.
I've just resorted to bringing a generic 6 foot extension cord with 3 plugs which has survived numerous chargers over the years. It saves so much aggravation and can be used in the hotel, lounge, even on the plane to avoid the acrobatics to reach the plug below your seat.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 10:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I carry the Ankeyt 10 port and the Anker 4port+PD, and am covered for pretty much everything.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.