Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Technology
Reload this Page >

Silversea Cruise and Verizon Usage in Caribbean

Old Nov 21, 17, 7:15 pm
Original Poster

Looking for suggestions as how to have cell/data services for my iPhone and iPad while traveling in the Southern Caribbean on a Silversea Cruise. Previously, Verizon had an agreement with the cruise line but it appears this has ceased to be. I realize I would be able to use the ship's internet for a fee but really prefer my Verizon . Thoughts? TIA
Old Nov 22, 17, 9:32 am

If verizon does not have a roaming agreement with the cruise line, then your options are limited. You can use your device at each port, provided verizon has a roaming agreement with the carrier at your ports of call.
Old Nov 27, 17, 7:39 am

Originally Posted by mrcamp View Post
If verizon does not have a roaming agreement with the cruise line, then your options are limited. You can use your device at each port, provided verizon has a roaming agreement with the carrier at your ports of call.

I looked at ATT which does have roaming with Silver Seas Cruises and the rates are breathtaking:

https://www.att.com/travelguide/cove...=1596&MNC=CING

While I suspect that you can turn up some roaming SIM which will roam on their carrier, I don't think you'll find the rates acceptable. The only other solution I can think of is to rent a satellite phone/data device and do your business from on-deck. Globalstar would probably be your best bet.

I am an always connected kind of guy, and I would wait to do my business in port.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: