Search

Help Syncing Outlook 2016 contacts & calendar to iPhone

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2017, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Originally Posted by ROW2Aisle
I've had no problems syncing my contacts and calendar from Office 2016 to my iPhone on Windows 10 and don't use any third party software and I sync every day. I wonder if your computer has lost its trusted computer status in your iPhone or requires an update driver in Windows.
The trusted computer status can be reset in your iPhone Settings by selecting General, Reset, and then Reset Location and Privacy.
Another thing to try in Windows 10 is to go to Device Manager in Control Panel, then select Portable Devices and then try to update the driver.
Does your iPhone show up as device in Windows File Explorer when it is connected via USB and if so can you see its contents in the Internal Storage?
I'll give this a shot over the weekend. It is possible it's no longer a trusted device... I've had the phone 3 years and replaced my computer in early 2016.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 12:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member
Originally Posted by Mary2e
I'll give this a shot over the weekend. It is possible it's no longer a trusted device... I've had the phone 3 years and replaced my computer in early 2016.

Let us know how it works. If it doesn't I doubt there will be much movement to fix it by either Apple or Microsoft. Both are moving to more and more on the cloud. Under that scheme, both your Outlook and your phone would sync to your AOL account, but the phone wouldn't sync to the Outlook at all.,
Old Nov 17, 2017, 12:42 pm
Original Poster

Thanks... That, or I'll just use that third party software to do it.

And here I thought that by purchasing the client version of Office 2016 while it was still available I would be doing a good thing.......
Old Nov 17, 2017, 12:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member
Thanks... That, or I'll just use that third party software to do it.

And here I thought that by purchasing the client version of Office 2016 while it was still available I would be doing a good thing.......
Well, longer term you’re probably going to have to sync to cloud eventually. I have a work Exchange account as well as personal Yahoo and Gmail accounts. I only use Outlook with the exchange account but sync all three directly with my phones and iPad. Outlook isn’t in the sync picture which will probably minimize problems in the future.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 8:56 am
Original Poster

To follow up....

I tried everything and nothing worked to get it to sync. I did a trial of arkuto syncing software, which does so over your home network after setting it up as an exchange account. It worked, but I didn't like how it left the contacts and it also was not deleting any.

I then went on to Sync2Cloud - wow... it wow - it works like a charm and it is almost indistinguishable from using iTunes. I tested it several times and, lucky me, they were having a sale on Monday and I got a host of products, including a backup .pst program and contacts duplicate checker in as a bundle for lifetime for $40. It does use iCloud, and I had to generate a separate access password for it, but given that I didn't like the way the wifi product worked, or using the MS cloud solution (which messed up Outlook contacts & calendar), this is a good, and probably the only, solution. I've got Outlook 2016 working like I had it in 2007.

If anyone else has this issue, Sync2Cloud is what you want.
Old Dec 1, 2017, 1:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP 6+ MM, AC, DL (MM) & LT SC; All Airlines 10+MM, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott LT Plat
To follow up.......<<<snipped>>>... I've got Outlook 2016 working like I had it in 2007. <<< more snipping>>>...
Thanks for the update. Yes, after you reported your problem with iTunes I tested syncing with Sync2Cloud and it worked very well indeed and I was satisfied with its working. It created a separate iCloud calendar for Outlook and so I uninstalled it and went back to using iTunes to sync my contacts and calendar in Outlook 2016 on Windows 10 with my iPhone as I was not having any problems with the iTunes sync. I also use a Project Fi phone (Android) and use MyPhoneExplorer to sync my calendar and contact with my Android phone.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.