Search

Bose QC25 - Recent price drops {Merged threads}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2017, 6:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP, Hhonors Gold, National Executive, Identity Gold, MLife Gold
Bose QC25 - Recent price drops {Merged threads}

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00M1NEUKK

Sold by Amazon, not a 3rd party. Looks like it applies to both the Apple & Android versions, black only (not the "triple black" version).

Edit 11/16 - A variety of stores currently have this on sale for the same price (and/or will have it on sale during the Black Friday/Cyber Monday period). See below for additional updates.

Edit 12/17 - Now a "doorbuster" @ Best Buy for $150 good on 12/18 only (live now). Possible that other retailers will match tomorrow morning. https://www.bestbuy.com/site/bose-qu...?skuId=8323098
(Thread title edited, but I'm still seeing the old title)

Last edited by OverThereTooMuch; Dec 17, 2017 at 11:24 pm
Old Nov 8, 2017, 6:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP, Hhonors Gold, National Executive, Identity Gold, MLife Gold
Looks like they're basically price matching Best Buy's price $180 - https://www.bestbuy.com/site/bose-qu...?skuId=8323098

So if you're the instant gratification type, you can get them today
Old Nov 8, 2017, 9:53 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Same price at B&H Photo, but with 5% back in rewards (basically credit to use against a future order), no tax for most people, and free expedited shipping.

I guess Bose has finally decided to kill of the QC25...
Old Nov 8, 2017, 11:44 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
According to the description, you can get it for Android or Apple, and the Apple version comes directly with the charging-type plug (so you wouldn't need the adapter to use with an iPhone 7 or later). And it also sounds like there's a microphone on the cord, so you can make calls while wearing them?

Are the cords interchangeable? I have an older MacBook Air that has a traditional plug, and some QC25's from a similar time.
Can I just use a cord for my older set of QC25's with the new?
(and no, I'm not replacing the MacBook Air anytime soon. I like having USB ports on it )
Old Nov 8, 2017, 12:16 pm

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
@aztimm

There is a microphone on both versions. I use my QC25 for calls all the time.

The cords are interchangeable. I bought them before the Android cord was released, so the buttons didn't work with my Android phone, although it worked with my wife's iPhone. I emailed Bose about it and they sent me the Android cord for free.

You can use the cords from the older QC25. They did not actually change the headphone units from when they were initially released, just the internal wiring/electronics of the cords. My BIL has the newer Apple versions with the lightning plug and we've tried mixing/matching cords and there was no difference at all.
aztimm likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 9:10 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Looks like the deal is over at Best Buy and Amazon.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 7:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Target will have them for the same price from November 19th to the 22nd.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 9:10 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
The Microsoft store has them now.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 8:17 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
The sale is (back?) on Amazon. Even on the German one, interestingly, and at 169E with free shipping, I am tempted, but since so far my ANC Sonys are working pretty well and they are wireless, I'll pass.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 8:39 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Just be aware that Bluetooth is the way to go. The writing is on the wall - headphone jacks are on the way to extinction in smart phones.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 10:14 am

Location: Washington D.C. via Sao Paulo via Houston via Washington D.C. via Boston via New York
Originally Posted by seawolf
Just be aware that Bluetooth is the way to go. The writing is on the wall - headphone jacks are on the way to extinction in smart phones.
No it isn't, just because headphone jacks are going away, they'll be a dongle to connect. Ditching a headphone jack is a ploy to make people buy new headphones and or dongles to go along with them, it's an annoying money grab.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 1:50 pm

For our Canadian friends, the price for the QC25 dropped to CDN$229 at most online stores in Canada (Amazon.ca, Staples.ca, BestBuy.ca etc).
Old Nov 17, 2017, 1:53 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
€169 in Germany https://www.amazon.de/dp/B00M1NEUKK/
Old Nov 18, 2017, 12:26 pm

Programs: Hilton: Diamond/Everything else: Kettle...
FYI - Target has the white on sale also (with pickup available). Other stores I checked have only black on sale, and only for delivery (saving stock for Black Friday?)

Jim
Old Nov 18, 2017, 4:57 pm

Programs: Delta TDK(or care)WIA, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by macdonaldj2
No it isn't, just because headphone jacks are going away, they'll be a dongle to connect. Ditching a headphone jack is a ploy to make people buy new headphones and or dongles to go along with them, it's an annoying money grab.
I have something called a smartbean, which is a bluetooth pod with a headphone jack. ALL my headphones with conventional plugs are bluetooth-capable.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.