Search

One very annoying charger down: USB for Oral-B

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2017, 3:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, AAdvantage
One very annoying charger down: USB for Oral-B

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Spazzolini-E...-/132277381154

Yes. It works. This was very annoying because the original charger is not dual voltage.

And it's near impossible to find since the auction doesn't have the word USB in it.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 4:24 am

Thanks! And yeah, very annoying--the original charger isn't dual voltage no matter where you buy the toothbrush. I have two of them now because it was cheaper to buy a new toothbrush in Europe than to buy the European charger.

Your link also led me to this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Replacment-E...G/122530621860

which is a knockoff of the original charger but is dual-voltage according to the label.

Now I'm embarrassed that I didn't check eBay first when I needed to replace the charger.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 9:48 am

Originally Posted by chx1975

Yes. It works. This was very annoying because the original charger is not dual voltage.
I did not know that! Thankfully I did not actually plug it into the wall during my recent trip to India.
And it's near impossible to find since the auction doesn't have the word USB in it.
How fast does this charge compared to the OEM charger?
Old Sep 15, 2017, 10:03 am
Original Poster

I expect it to take around 12 hours to charge from empty to full (I have an 5000). But... it's USB! One less AC cable to haul around as well.
Old Sep 16, 2017, 7:34 am

Programs: EY Gold, QF WP
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by chx1975

Great find! Thank you for posting - this charger is my most hated to carry due to how few times it's needed on a trip.
Silver Fox likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2017, 2:19 pm
Original Poster

Found it on Aliexpress too.
yannerd likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 12:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
That's a good find so thanks for that! They are tricky to search for, here are some others:

US ebay1

US ebay2

Looks like the same seller with different ids given the item location.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 11:03 am

My charger was finally delivered but the charging light on the toothbrush handle isn't lighting up when placed on the unit.

Does it do so for those that have one too or do I have a busted unit?
Old Oct 15, 2017, 8:18 pm

Thanks for letting me know. I didn't even notice on mine that it was single voltage! I bought a newer one a couple of months ago to replace my 10+ old "Triumph," but looks like I will need to hang on to it for the overseas travel purposes (it does have a dual voltage charger) until it dies.

Last edited by radiowell; Oct 15, 2017 at 8:38 pm
Old Oct 17, 2017, 2:44 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Priority Club Blue, SPG Gold, Sofitel Gold, FB Ivory, BA Blue
I ended up buying an AA powered toothbrush for travel. Not as good as as the one I have at home, but a hell of a lot better than going back to old fashioned brushing. I still have very British teeth though :-/.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 10:46 am

nice find! thanks... if you in China, you can also buy them from the Chinese equivalent of ebay, JD.com... https://item.jd.com/5340424.html
Old Jan 20, 2018, 7:05 am

I am looking to get something like this for my upcoming trip to Ireland. I have a fairly new Oral B Pro 3000. The charger it came with is single voltage. My question is, do you think it better to get the USB charger or the dual voltage one listed in this thread? The USB Charger could even be charged in my laptop port, which we will be bringing. But also, I plan to buy a small power strip that will have regular outlets and also USB outlets and the whole thing can plug into the wall, wherever we are staying, with one plug adapter. Yes I know, I could still not connect my single voltage Oral B charger into that (as it would still be 220v). Also, if I choose the USB Charger, does anyone know exact specs on the cable needed. I cannot find this info. I assume it would be Micro USB, but there are many other possibilities (Mini USB, proprietrary, etc.).
Thanks!
Old Jan 22, 2018, 2:34 am

The USB charger linked in the OP that seems to be widely available on eBay takes a micro USB plug. There are also dual-voltage chargers on eBay, also $10ish.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 4:18 am

Programs: Delta PM
I went to the battery powered Oral B toothbrush for travel.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 7:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My Sonicare came with a dual voltage travel charger and pouch.

https://www.amazon.com/Universal-Tra.../dp/B002SR9I5Q

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.