Reload this Page >

One very annoying charger down: USB for Oral-B

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

One very annoying charger down: USB for Oral-B

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2018, 7:25 am

Well I am not switching to Sonicare over this issue. I am leaning towards the USB charger. Just trying to find my best source. I have some Amazon Gift Card left, but trying to see if I can get free shipping (putting together an order).
Old Jan 22, 2018, 1:12 pm

I received one of these last year and it has been working perfectly. It's also a lot more portable than my first-gen charger (the one with the head storage). It's also been convenient to have everything charging through USB from a single outlet.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 3:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
I simply use an old-fashioned toothbrush when travelling. It's less bulky, doesn't require cables or batteries and isn't prone to switching itself on in tightly packed bags.
gfunkdave likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 7:51 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
I have an Oral-B 9000 which I assume is dual voltage? I've certainly used in on both quite a few times...
Old Jan 25, 2018, 7:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by gfunkdave
My Sonicare came with a dual voltage travel charger and pouch.

https://www.amazon.com/Universal-Tra.../dp/B002SR9I5Q
What you have linked is just the wall-pluggable charger. Does anyone know of a replacement USB charger like this for Sonicare toothbrushes?

Edited to add: I think I found one.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pseudoswede
What you have linked is just the wall-pluggable charger. Does anyone know of a replacement USB charger like this for Sonicare toothbrushes?

That's neat. I just use the wall pluggable one. In many places outside the US there even a North American 120V outlet in the bathroom for shavers anyway.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 8:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
The concept of making universal compliance to the USB standard circuit and plugs is a great concept for chargers. I now reconsider any toy that is not USB chargeable.

However, would I want to take my toothbrush to my desk at a hotel desk with my multiple port UUSBcharger just to charge it is another question?
Old Feb 20, 2018, 12:40 pm

So I finally went ahead and bought this USB Charger for Oral B. I have the Pro 3000 and this works. After I got it, I brushed my teeth then charged it with this, (plugged into the Outlet Strip below). Seems to work the same as my 120vac charger, maybe even a little better, might have been back at full charge a little sooner. It came with the cord, even though the description says it would not. The cord seems pretty good, it's of a good thickness and does not seem cheap nor flimsy. By the way, I can confirm the connector on the Charger itself is the Micro USB.

Amazon Amazon

I also bought this power strip to bring with us to Ireland (and it will be useful in other places and trips as well). I can connect it to the wall with just one Ireland adapter (or other country if I travel elsewhere). Then I will have 3 A/C receptacles as well as 4 USB charging ports available. And even on 220v (whilst the regular receptacles are 220v, the USB's are still regulated to 5v at 4.2A max. Just have to still be certain anything I plug into it is dual-voltage.

Amazon Amazon
Old Feb 21, 2018, 10:02 am

Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
I have an Oral-B 9000 which I assume is dual voltage? I've certainly used in on both quite a few times...
The travel case is dual voltage, the base itself is not.

The travel case actually is quite good since it acts as a case and a charger. I wonder if this is an accessory you can buy on it's own.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 10:22 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by LoveHateRelationship
The travel case is dual voltage, the base itself is not.
That case sounds rather cool - it's not included in the European package that I've bought! I just have a simple plastic case and then a separate charger base, even for the deluxe package which comes with two toothbrushes.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
That case sounds rather cool - it's not included in the European package that I've bought! I just have a simple plastic case and then a separate charger base, even for the deluxe package which comes with two toothbrushes.
It should have come with the Genius 9000 in the EU.

https://www.shavers.co.uk/oral-b-815...avel-case.html

This is the case I mentioned. Worth looking around to see if you can find one if you're interested in it.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 11:26 pm
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
Originally Posted by pseudoswede

I bought that and it works for my Costco Sonicare
Old Mar 3, 2018, 4:45 pm

I've been having bad luck with solving the travel charging problem. I've tried the microUSB driven base unit mentioned upthread from AliExpress and another from Amazon with a number of USB wall warts and microUSB cables but to no avail.

Any recommendations for a lightweight 240V-110V low-wattage converter or a worldwide AC powered genuine Oral-B toothbrush charger?

Thanks.

Last edited by unmesh; Mar 3, 2018 at 5:31 pm
Old Mar 3, 2018, 8:03 pm

Programs: AA MM EP, QF Gold, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTT, HH Gold, National Exec, Hertz PC
It's fairly common for hotels outside the US to have 110v shaver outlets, often with US plugs, in bathrooms. I find these are great for charging Oral B toothbrushes with the US charger.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 5:48 pm

I've seen that too but, on a recent trip to Tanzania, the shaver outlets would take US plugs but were 240V!

Trying to cover all bases.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.