fwiw the android quick start guide (and maybe the others) says:

WHERE CAN I USE iPASS?
Connect to the iPass network of
global Wi-Fi hotspots at airports,
in airplanes, hotels, convention
centers, restaurants and other
venues, including free Wi-Fi
hotspots where available.
but i suspect this might be a generic/only slightly modified ipass document?

Originally Posted by JT8D-217
BUT:
Can I also use the service in a SAS-airplanes or other airplanes?
Inflight Wi-Fi is not yet enabled, but it may get enabled in the future when the service is wider available.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 7:27 pm

Programs: DL GM,2MM [3.37TMM]
The same statement is in the Apple quick start guide. I suspect that the SAS statement over rules, but I'll try it on DL next Tuesday ATL-LAX-SYD.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 8:04 pm

Programs: Alaska LTG, HHonors-Gld, IHG-Dia, LT MR Ti
Originally Posted by rune87
So it sounds like they are discontinuing the program according to the rep I spoke with. Evidently this was all an iPass promotion.
Anyone tried renewing their $10 subscription?

I had some international travel to PVG, this saved me a ton on AA.. not to mention return on JAL.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 10:38 pm

Location: Rarely in one place long. Vancouver, WA when that happens.
Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 100K, AA LifePlat, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Dmd, gave up on Hilton
I had my wonderful $10 month but was suspicious. Final week I got a daily reminder. Why start early? Well, a scam it was. I imagine for all the PR hoopla and they milked it. But now I hate them, so I am not sure what the point was. I know they exist, but I am loath to deal with them again. I got reminders even after finding they were sold out. Don't forget to renew. For a $10 month deal they got PR and my contact information. I lost out in the long run, as it was looking good--too good to be true.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 11:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by BarryL

I had some international travel to PVG, this saved me a ton on AA.. not to mention return on JAL.
Yes. You can't do it.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 5:23 am

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Originally Posted by JT8D-217
There is a brand new Ipass partnership with Scandinavian Airlines
https://businessclasswifi.com/

19.95 Euro / mo (apparently auto renews until cancelled)

US Customers - you can select US as country of residence. US credit cards OK

Covers up to 3 devices

Uses Ipass client, Apple, Android, and Windows apps available.

Each device goes through the Activation process described on this (or the DL) thread. I set up an iP7, an iP7+, and an Air 2, no probs

BUT:
Can I also use the service in a SAS-airplanes or other airplanes?
Inflight Wi-Fi is not yet enabled, but it may get enabled in the future when the service is wider available.

Personally, I'm delighted with this current deal as I used to have Ipass provided by my former Megacorp and it was sweet.
Mrs JT8D and I have a 4 week Asia / PAC trip starting next week and look forward to the Ipass ease of use at hotels, airports, etc. Just to be sure, I'll check the actual onboard connectivity, or lack thereof, on DL and AA and report.
Please report back on whether this works in-flight on DL and AA. This is the cost one gets through iPass themselves when 25 persons from the same company sign a one-year contract.

My fear is that like the Mobilise and CPH Travel Wifi that it will not include in-flight premium Wifi which is clear from the FAQ you quoted. See http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...avel-wifi.html

Last edited by Xeno; Sep 30, 2017 at 3:31 pm
Old Sep 27, 2017, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
So for people with still active subscriptions, is it not working any more? Or those will continue? Does it appear that our new option is to pay $19.95 via SAS for this going forward? Very frustrated because I canceled existing subscriptions for this.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
So for people with still active subscriptions, is it not working any more? Or those will continue? Does it appear that our new option is to pay $19.95 via SAS for this going forward? Very frustrated because I canceled existing subscriptions for this.
Your existing subscriptions will work through the end of their term, but you will not be able to renew.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 5:28 pm

Programs: Alaska LTG, HHonors-Gld, IHG-Dia, LT MR Ti
Originally Posted by BarryL
Just chatted with US Mobile, no surprise here.

"We are afraid, you will not be able to RENEW or PURCHASE a new $10 Wi-Fi plan, as the WiFi plan/offer is not available anymore with US Mobile for now. Please note that we were allotted limited access of passes for iPass which are completely sold out. We're in the process of procuring more of them. Due to popular demand, we've sold out of wifi passes (However, just for reference when it comes to the Wi-Fi plan, whenever a new one is purchased, it is a new pass, we're currently out of passes.) Moreover, we are not given a fixed date on it as yet. You can go to http://usmobile.com/wifi and click " SOLD OUT - Join Wait List" to leave your email and be notified as soon as the WiFi plan is available."

For a renewal, was suggested I get on waitlist, interesting they mention they're trying to get more passes. I personally don't think this will be offered again.

Going to jump on waitlist, see what happens, still have 17 days left on this pass.

Anyone purchase this yet? Is it a iPass?

https://cphtravelwifi.dk/

Last edited by BarryL; Sep 29, 2017 at 5:41 pm
Old Sep 29, 2017, 7:59 pm

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...avel-wifi.html

The above thread is my take on Mobilise/CPH wifi on a few international and domestic DL flights over the past month.
Old Sep 30, 2017, 9:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Has anyone tried the 19.95 euro plan on satellite or Gogo? This might be the best option if it is a full iPass subscription allowing up to three devices.

Last edited by ESpen36; Oct 1, 2017 at 9:30 am
Old Sep 30, 2017, 2:26 pm

Programs: DL GM,2MM [3.37TMM]
As I mentioned up thread, I'm flying DL ATL-LAX-SYD this coming Tuesday 03 OCT. I'll post inflight if the SAS Wifi works, or post on arrival if it doesn't.
Wish me (all of us) luck!
Old Oct 1, 2017, 8:32 am

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
Although not surprising, this is a shame. I used iPass on my trip to Ireland from 9/20-9/29, and with the exception of my segment from CLT-BWI on my way home, I thought it was excellent. It also helped me in Ireland before I got a SIM card for my phone. It was a fine investment of $10, but it was one of those things that just seemed to be too good to be true.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 8:26 am

Programs: AC SE100K MM
If they are watching. I would pay $20/month for this. You got me hooked with the $10 promo.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 8:51 am

Originally Posted by Cozmo456
If they are watching. I would pay $20/month for this. You got me hooked with the $10 promo.
One can pay $25 a month direct to iPass if 25 persons from the same company commit to a one-year contract.

When I spoke to an iPass salesperson, he referred to the US Mobile iPass as a "promotion".

Last edited by Xeno; Oct 2, 2017 at 8:56 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.