Reload this Page >

USMobile $10 Inflight & Boingo WiFi Plan

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

USMobile $10 Inflight & Boingo WiFi Plan

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2017, 9:07 am

same, I see the option to renew in my account, but it just goes back to the main page.

edit: I did the chat support, and they indicated they are updating the website and the wifi plan should be back in a few hours.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 12:02 pm

Programs: Alaska LTG, HHonors-Gld, IHG-Dia, LT MR Ti
Bought a $10 US Mobile pass. My laptop is selected device, I'm thinking they grab your MAC address for verification. On an AA flight right now to PVG.

SSID AA Inflight brought me to their login page. I selected 'have a pass' but it wouldn't take my US Mobile login / pass. I launched stupid iPass app... Logs me right in, no issues. I then kill iPass from running. Online now, internet is actually decent. Better than gogo ATG crap.

Not sure why AA login portal page won't take my iPass credentials. I find their desktop app annoying.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 12:48 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Hilton Diamond
Renewing has been down for over a day now. Page currently says they are out of Wifi passes. I wonder what the real story is right now.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 1:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by BarryL
Bought a $10 US Mobile pass. My laptop is selected device, I'm thinking they grab your MAC address for verification. On an AA flight right now to PVG.

SSID AA Inflight brought me to their login page. I selected 'have a pass' but it wouldn't take my US Mobile login / pass. I launched stupid iPass app... Logs me right in, no issues. I then kill iPass from running. Online now, internet is actually decent. Better than gogo ATG crap.

Not sure why AA login portal page won't take my iPass credentials. I find their desktop app annoying.
You don't get an iPass login with this deal, only a US Mobile login. You have to use the app for sign on.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 5:52 pm

So it sounds like they are discontinuing the program according to the rep I spoke with. Evidently this was all an iPass promotion.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 6:11 pm

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by rune87
So it sounds like they are discontinuing the program according to the rep I spoke with. Evidently this was all an iPass promotion.
Pretty bogus if you ask me.

If they were really trying to promote iPass, then the dimwits at iPass would have set up a page showing the plans they intended to sell.

However, there is nothing there - and their agents are CLUELESS!

Oh well - back to buying internet piecemeal - it won't be much more money as I don't fly that often to save much...and United flights use a different system anyway...
Old Sep 21, 2017, 6:13 pm

Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
Pretty bogus if you ask me.

If they were really trying to promote iPass, then the dimwits at iPass would have set up a page showing the plans they intended to sell.

However, there is nothing there - and their agents are CLUELESS!

Oh well - back to buying internet piecemeal - it won't be much more money as I don't fly that often to save much...and United flights use a different system anyway...
Pretty much my take, especially since iPass doesn't have "individual" subscriptions. I emailed them about a company rate as from what I've gathered it's only $25 a month. Too good to last.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 6:16 pm

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Pretty much my take, especially since iPass doesn't have "individual" subscriptions. I emailed them about a company rate as from what I've gathered it's only $25 a month. Too good to last.
Well, $25/month is not bad at all.

In fact, we could group together and negotiate an FT rate which could be less, I'm sure!

Just called the toll-free number and a person's name (mailbox, whatever) was mentioned! (Yes, as usual, nobody picked up)

So they have no real intention of marketing this full-force, but just have 1 guy manning this division! What a joke...

Called the main number in CA, USA - selected Sales, phone ringing - nobody picked up - another character's voicemail was mentioned...
Old Sep 21, 2017, 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
Well, $25/month is not bad at all.

In fact, we could group together and negotiate an FT rate which could be less, I'm sure!

Just called the toll-free number and a person's name (mailbox, whatever) was mentioned! (Yes, as usual, nobody picked up)

So they have no real intention of marketing this full-force, but just have 1 guy manning this division! What a joke...

Called the main number in CA, USA - selected Sales, phone ringing - nobody picked up - another character's voicemail was mentioned...
I emailed ipass and iroam (reseller) so we will see what I can get for a result that way.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 9:26 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
We still can not purchase the business version direct, right? Is it not the case that our office must sign up x number of folk to get to $25 or whatever a month?
Old Sep 24, 2017, 10:48 am

Any updates guys?
Old Sep 24, 2017, 1:11 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
I tried today to get a new $10 iPass from US Mobile and was only allowed to waitlist. The web claimed they were out of passes for now.

I still would like to know how one can get a business version of iPass for $25 a month.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 7:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Xeno
I tried today to get a new $10 iPass from US Mobile and was only allowed to waitlist. The web claimed they were out of passes for now.

I still would like to know how one can get a business version of iPass for $25 a month.

I would like to know as well.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 1:16 am

Programs: UA MM, AA PPro
Originally Posted by Xeno
Originally Posted by ESpen36
I would like to know as well.
According to an iPass sales rep I've spoken with, corporate rate for 25+ users with 1 yr. commitment is $25 per month, with even lower rates at 100+ users. Includes multiple devices per user. The entire United fleet is expected to join the program before year's end. Not just UX with Gogo, but Thales and Panasonic planes, too. AA ViaSat planes will also be covered when they materialize. Considering you get the full iPass login, I'd say it's a great deal, and I would gladly sign up if someone wanted to use their corporate name and open it up to fellow FTers.
Xeno and ESpen36 like this.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 7:12 pm

Programs: DL GM,2MM [3.37TMM]
SAS business class global wi-fi

There is a brand new Ipass partnership with Scandinavian Airlines
https://businessclasswifi.com/

19.95 Euro / mo (apparently auto renews until cancelled)

US Customers - you can select US as country of residence. US credit cards OK

Covers up to 3 devices

Uses Ipass client, Apple, Android, and Windows apps available.

Each device goes through the Activation process described on this (or the DL) thread. I set up an iP7, an iP7+, and an Air 2, no probs

BUT:
Can I also use the service in a SAS-airplanes or other airplanes?
Inflight Wi-Fi is not yet enabled, but it may get enabled in the future when the service is wider available.

Personally, I'm delighted with this current deal as I used to have Ipass provided by my former Megacorp and it was sweet.
Mrs JT8D and I have a 4 week Asia / PAC trip starting next week and look forward to the Ipass ease of use at hotels, airports, etc. Just to be sure, I'll check the actual onboard connectivity, or lack thereof, on DL and AA and report.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.