Reload this Page >

USMobile $10 Inflight & Boingo WiFi Plan

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

USMobile $10 Inflight & Boingo WiFi Plan

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2017, 5:29 pm

Thanks! I had already read your post so perhaps I should have clarified that in my original question alongside: "has anybody else..."! I was looking to work out if it is a one-off. I shall chime in with a few experiences in the next few weeks.

If anybody else has experiences re: international wifi, on any carrier for that matter (e.g. EI, VS, AA or DL) then please do chime in!
Old Aug 23, 2017, 8:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Can anyone comment if this offer is still available?
Old Aug 23, 2017, 8:21 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Amb, Hertz PC, Natl EE
Originally Posted by Simon Schus
Thanks! I had already read your post so perhaps I should have clarified that in my original question alongside: "has anybody else..."! I was looking to work out if it is a one-off. I shall chime in with a few experiences in the next few weeks.

If anybody else has experiences re: international wifi, on any carrier for that matter (e.g. EI, VS, AA or DL) then please do chime in!
Just took DL transpacific last week and it worked great!
Old Aug 24, 2017, 6:37 am

Programs: UA MM, AA PPro
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Can anyone comment if this offer is still available?
$10 per month rate is still available. Various codes floating around all seem to have a limit on the (total) number of uses, but they save only a few $ anyway.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 2:25 pm

Programs: AC E75K, Amex Plat, NEXUS, Aman-user (not really a -junkie)
Originally Posted by legalalien
You can switch registration, and it's unclear if they let you do it multiple times.
From what I understood and was told by online chat rep, this is a one device plan. Technically, when you buy another month, I suppose you could switch devices but it's not something you can do multiple times during a month to use it across devices. Once again, would love to be proven wrong...
Old Sep 1, 2017, 12:47 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
one device, US$10 per 30 days from activation.
Coupon once bought expires within 30 days (and a further 30 days after activation), so you can only renew your coupon every month.
https://www.usmobile.com/wifi

If you have two devices, that still leaves you with US$20 per month, which is a steal!

Worked seamlessly on DL international, JAL international. I will next test it on Singapore Airlines two weeks from now.
Old Sep 2, 2017, 6:29 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Originally Posted by xray
30 days to activate pass so I don't think you can stockpile but I would love to be proven wrong...
One has 30 days to activate the pass then the pass is good for 30 days going forward from that particular date? I noticed a warning in the iP app and my online account that I must make certain it was time to actually use their Wifi.
Old Sep 3, 2017, 5:14 pm

Programs: UA MM, AA PPro
Originally Posted by Xeno
One has 30 days to activate the pass then the pass is good for 30 days going forward from that particular date?
Yes. You have 30 days to start your 30-day countdown.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 5:43 am

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
I have used this a couple of times successfully on one device on AA, but have run into a problem recently. I think I know what the problem is and how to solve it, however.

I created my US Mobile / iPass account about a month ago. I then purchased a plan and registered my iPad to that plan. Then I bought a second plan a few days later, and registered my laptop. I did all of this using the same e-mail address that I would typically use for GoGo purchases.

On my first flight, I used my iPad and there were no problems at all.

On my most recent flight, I wanted to use both devices at once. I got the iPad online without a problem, but could not get my laptop online. The error I received was a GoGo error and it told me that I was already signed in using that account on another device. This is despite logging in to GoGo using what looked to be an iPass specific login process.

On occasion, I will travel with my wife and she will need to get online. I'll let her use one of my GoGo passes from AMEX, logging in with the same e-mail address that my iPass/US Mobile plans are now tied to.

So if I want to use two devices on the same flight at the same time on iPass, I believe I need to use two different email addresses. If there is a chance that while I'm doing this, that I'll want to be able to login in to regular GoGo (or that someone will using my credentials), those two different email addresses need to be different from the one tied to my GoGo account.

So I think I need to basically let my two iPass plans lapse or otherwise terminate them, then sign back up using some garbage email accounts, then re-register the devices.

Thoughts?
Old Sep 7, 2017, 12:42 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Deleted by user.

Last edited by Xeno; Sep 7, 2017 at 12:52 pm
Old Sep 10, 2017, 10:24 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by Schumi5
Also, if the SSID is "gogoinflight" then they are supported
Based on recent chats with iPass support, that may not be the case. Tried to connect on a DL 2KU-equipped flight, and was unable to get iPass to properly recognize the connection. Received an error that "inflight internet is not yet available", yet was able to connect on a phone via the free T-Mobile GoGo promotion without issue.
Old Sep 13, 2017, 5:17 am

Finally had my first chance to try the US Mobile iPass service on AA this morning BWI-CLT. Connection was fast and easy. Connected on my iPad with US Mobile faster than I could connect on my iPhone with T-Mobile’s free Gogo Pass. But very happy with both services!
Old Sep 14, 2017, 8:32 am

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
Quick question about this. Since there's no automatic renewal, it appears this plan, as long as it lasts in its current form--which I know is not guaranteed, is great for the occasional flyer/international traveler. Pay for one 30-day segment, use it for your trip, let it lapse (with no recurring charge), and then take out another 30-day segment when the next trip occurs.

The only thing I'm unclear about is whether you sign up for an entirely new plan on the second trip or whether you can just reactivate whatever credentials you got from the first one.

Anyone done this?
Old Sep 14, 2017, 8:45 am

Originally Posted by lwildernorva
The only thing I'm unclear about is whether you sign up for an entirely new plan on the second trip or whether you can just reactivate whatever credentials you got from the first one.

Anyone done this?
I don’t think this service has been around long enough yet for anyone to run through their first 30 days. Maybe I’m wrong.

In either case, from the US Mobile website, log-in to your account. This will land you at the “dashboard”. From there click on your plan. Mine says “WiFi Plan #1” and “Active - 19 Days Left”. If you click on the remaining days line it will take you to the plan page. On that page will be a button that says “Renew WiFi Plan” just click that and you will be taken to the payment screen. Pretty simple really.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 12:03 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by HockeyCoachBen
I don’t think this service has been around long enough yet for anyone to run through their first 30 days. Maybe I’m wrong.

In either case, from the US Mobile website, log-in to your account. This will land you at the “dashboard”. From there click on your plan. Mine says “WiFi Plan #1” and “Active - 19 Days Left”. If you click on the remaining days line it will take you to the plan page. On that page will be a button that says “Renew WiFi Plan” just click that and you will be taken to the payment screen. Pretty simple really.
Thanks for the quick response. I may end up the guinea pig then. I have a trip to Ireland next week so am almost certain to try this out. I then do not have another trip or flight scheduled until late November when I go to Paris. From there, I probably will not have another flight until sometime in the spring.

As you can see from my anticipated usage pattern, it makes sense, if possible, to buy a one-month pass for my trip next week, let it lapse, buy another one-month pass for Paris (as soon as late October given the 30-day activation window), let that lapse, and then buy as necessary next spring--although I would expect by then that USMobile might have changed the terms of the plan, raising the price and/or requiring a longer-term purchase and/or instituting automatic renewals.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.